Key not detected

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okladoug

I have noticed recently when I get into my 2015 Ford Focus Electric with 6000 miles that I get the message key not detected when I push start . I usually get out and back in again or push start several times to get it to start. Is it a software problem or a key fob battery problem?

Maybe battery in the fob. Or you have the fob someplace new? Like in your pocket behind your phone, or someplace shielded? The FFE is pretty good about the fob being anywhere inside the car. It isn't terribly particular about where you have it.

The battery is somewhat difficult to get at. Do a Google search for a video to show you how to open it up. I can't remember the battery number off hand, it is a very common CR lithium ion battery.

I had this happen too. When the car didn't recognize the key, I would just push the unlock button on the fob and that would activate the key enough for the car to recognize it. I later replaced the battery in the fob and no problems since.

Roger

Back