Dead 12v Feb 18/19 anyone else

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFEsquared

Did anyone else have a dead 12v last weekend? I had this happen once before and it was the same day as other owners. One owner figured out that a satellite radio update caused the low voltage. Luckily I purchased a little jump start battery and it only took 5 minutes to get going. I haven't had any problems since yesterday morning and drove it 4 start/stop cycles. I have a dash cam plugged in the 12v outlet and checked video. The video showed the car being parked Friday followed by video with the hood up Monday morning. So I know the car wasn't "on" the whole time.

Curious, Have you had the software patch installed to eliminate / minimize the dead 12v batteries due to power drains when not car not on? Had mine done just a month or so ago. Dealer replaced battery with no charge at the same time.

I have not had the software patch installed. I thought that was for 2014 and older cars. I see you have a 2015 also. Thanks for the info.

My 12v battery also went dead overnight Feb 18-19. Nothing was left on and this is the first time I have had any problems with my 2015 FFE. Battery was at 5.2v. Boosted the battery and turned on the car and the voltage went to 14.7v. I have had no problem since.

Add one more to the list. My car was doing fine on Saturday. I didn't drive it on Sunday. Monday morning there was just enough juice in the 12V battery to unlock the car and light up a few lights on the dash, but not enough to energize the relays to move the car. I put it on the 240V EVSE I have in my garage and took my ICE car to work that day. That afternoon I was able to get the car to move and it has been running fine ever since. I did get a "12V battery low" message from MFM, but not until after I attempted to start it Monday morning.

One strange thing happened when I put it in reverse for the first time after this low battery episode- the image from the backup camera was upside down! Later in the day it managed to correct itself.

StoBro2 said:
One strange thing happened when I put it in reverse for the first time after this low battery episode- the image from the backup camera was upside down! Later in the day it managed to correct itself.
This has happened to me about 2 or 3 times (just randomly, not associated with a low battery). It always corrects itself.

I've never had it upside down but I have had the screen remain blank for longer than normal. If it's not on before I shift out of Park, it always comes on before a get more than about 50 yards from where I parked. I've also had a few occasions where the range/directions lines didn't appear. It just showed the camera view. I just wrote them off as Microsoft "features" because Microsoft never has any bugs.

I don't think I've ever seen range/direction lines on mine. Is there a setting for this somewhere? Would a dirty lens affect it?

amped said:
I don't think I've ever seen range/direction lines on mine. Is there a setting for this somewhere? Would a dirty lens affect it?
You can turn them on and off.

Did you turn them off?

No, a dirty lens would not affect it.

For you all that reported dead battery in Feb that is "fine ever since", you are on borrowed time. Another cold snap and you might find yourself in a pickle. Just a heads up. Might make it to next winter, then again it might not.

To add to what Robert said, when you run a lead acid battery down to low voltage, like 5 volts, it damages the battery. If it happens once, that's probably fine. If it happens more than once, you really should replace the battery.

WattsUp said:
amped said:
You can turn them on and off.

Did you turn them off?

No, a dirty lens would not affect it.

As far as I can tell, the guides are turned on in the settings but they never show up. What appears to be a zoom function (plus icon?) doesn't work either. Tried a master reset. No change.

amped said:
As far as I can tell, the guides are turned on in the settings but they never show up. What appears to be a zoom function (plus icon?) doesn't work either. Tried a master reset. No change.

My guide lines go away whenever the hatchback is open. Sometimes it does not close all the way and I notice them missing.

My 2015 did need to get reprogrammed to fix the battery running down issue. Haven't had a problem since. But, that doesn't mean much since it has only happened twice in two years.

Back