I have strange issue with my Charging Port Light Ring

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkball

Hi guys.
Sorry that I write all my questions to same topic, but maybe it's better for saving space on forum :)
I have strange issue with my Charging Port Light Ring: when I plugged in today the Light Ring doesn't work, any reactions.
I checked setting inside, Illuminating is ON, so it should to turn on when open doors, plugging in and so on, and it always worked before! Just today something happened and it's not work. But the car are charging and everything works ok.
I read that customers had such problems with Light Ring, but usually it's one of four quarters dies, but not a whole ring.
Does anybody have some info about it?
Thanks!

----

EDIT: This post was split into its own topic.

Please refrain from using existing topics to post new subjects, thanks.

Ford replaced my light ring under warranty as it would only light up halfway. I learned a valuable lesson when plugging in at a public charge station. I had plugged in and the cord was in such a way that the car next to mine parked way too close and drove over the cord. It got pulled down and cracked my new light ring plus I couldn't hook the cord back into the holster. The woman came to leave (Tesla S) a few minutes after I was there so I was able to hang up the cord and get in my car. I didn't notice the crack untill I got home and plugged in. Now I always make sure the cord is close to my car.

CWD said:
I had plugged in and the cord was in such a way that the car next to mine parked way too close and drove over the cord.
I guess it sucks to realize that you could have avoided this damage (by better placing the cable before you left), but also sucks that the Tesla driver was careless enough to pull in without making sure they didn't drive over anything.

Did you complain to the Tesla driver?

I don't remember any mechanical damages or something... It's just stop working one morning when I came to the car.
And the problem is that I don't have a quality service here in Ukraine to fix it.

Mine's dead. When I got the car, it had one segment that worked and one that flickered. Now, dead. They just suck, lots of folks with same problem -- I turned it off.

ATL-FFE said:
Mine's dead. When I got the car, it had one segment that worked and one that flickered. Now, dead. They just suck, lots of folks with same problem -- I turned it off.
Strange that some rings are so problematic.

All four segments on my ring are still working fine (after four years).

Replaced at 18,000 miles with two segments dead and "earlier issues" reported by the original owner according to the dealership.

My nephew's light ring replaced twice. I think it was done under warranty.
He drives 2012 ffe.
I have had no problems with mine. 2013 lease return. Had for almost a year.
Great car. No problems.

Unfortunately I have no where to replace it in Ukraine .
Official Ford service here looking on FFE like on UFO... They have no parts for this vehicle.

darkball said:
Unfortunately I have no where to replace it in Ukraine .
Official Ford service here looking on FFE like on UFO... They have no parts for this vehicle.
That's rough. My geography needed a little refresher. You are in the middle of ---- well not a lot of Western European countries around you.

I am pretty sure they sold the FFE in France and Germany. But wow, those are a million miles from you. Parts will be tough for you.

I have a 2013 FFE with 22k miles. Light ring is going out. Dealer wants $800 to replace it.

Seems like and very expensive part that more than a few people are having a problem.

I recently had mine replaced, successfully. However now with the rain we've been having, I've noticed it's filling with water. Has anyone else had that problem?

Back