Newbie to EV

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is it exactly. We are excited about and can't wait for the proposed 300 mile range SUV ev. That will be great. The C-Max Energi seems to be fitting because my wife is a stay at home mom and just does short trips where it would essentially be an all electric vehicle, but could be available for the unexpected far trips or camping, etc. We could do that until the 300 mile stuff comes out. I can look into the Chevy Volt as well (although we are loyal die hard Ford fans).

C-Max Energi vs Volt:
C-Max EV range 20/21 miles (advertised) or so (yeah you can eek out 30 if you really try)
Volt EV range 50 miles (advertised)

C-Max's size is more like an Escape: Larger interior and comfortable (except for trunk obviously--most of the battery is there)
Volt's size is more like the FFE: smaller, lower (haven't seen Volt's trunk)

I would bet you can find a better deal on the C-Max than on a Volt V2 right now (Ford is really giving C-Max discounts like crazy)--especially if you can get A-Plan or X-Plan pricing ;)

Well, we made the plunge for a C-MAX energi as well. So, including the FFE we just bought last week, we are now fully switched to plug-in cars! With our home electricity being 100% wind power, we consider this a win for the environment and a win for America by becoming less oil dependant. :D

I bought an extendable visor and replaced my Homelink one. (Blocking the sun is vastly more important to me) It was a simple swap. I'm very pleased. Anyone want to buy an ivory/light stone Homelink visor? Works perfectly.

Back