My Ford Mobile Updates & Connectivity

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwf123

I am having a problem connecting with My Ford Mobile. It has not updated in "4 days and 15 hours". It also states it is "Unable to connect with car". Anyone else out there with a similar problem? Anyone with a solution?

Thanks to the search engine I have resolved this problem. I removed and replaced the #1, 5 amp fuse, in the left rear fender fuse box and voila, it is fixed.

In the future I'll do a little more research before posting. Thanks, team FFE!!!!

"removed and replaced the #1, 5 amp fuse, in the left rear fender fuse box and voila, it is fixed."

Just to be sure, when you say "removed and replace" you mean you put the very same fuse back in place, so it is simply a matter of killing power to the telematics for a moment?

Correctomondo... I removed, checked it with a meter, found it to be good and simply returned it to the board. Look in the service manual to find the location of F1 on the board.

Back to the "Unable to Connect" issue with My Ford Mobile. I have tried all the #1 fuse removal which used to work, but alas no longer. I will be calling Tech Support tomorrow. It has been several days, sometimes it just reconnects but after 3 days I am thinking not this time. If any one else has a new technique please post. Otherwise I will report back tomorrow.
Thanks, Wood

dwf123 said:
Back to the "Unable to Connect" issue with My Ford Mobile. I have tried all the #1 fuse removal which used to work, but alas no longer. I will be calling Tech Support tomorrow. It has been several days, sometimes it just reconnects but after 3 days I am thinking not this time. If any one else has a new technique please post. Otherwise I will report back tomorrow.
Thanks, Wood
I has this happen. Had to fully reset the MyFordTouch stuff on board (as suggested by Ford Tech Support). That also meant reconnecting the myfordmobile (which involves the 24 hour wait), my phones, etc. Not fun. I hope that i will not see the issue again.

Regards,
Neal

Thanks Neal, I have heard that from several people. Reconfiguring My Ford Mobile. It is so hard to get in touch with the tech people, do you know the sequence for reconfiguring my ford mobile? If so could you post a step by step procedure? Thanks, and happy holiday.. Wood

So I went 9 days without connecting. I called tech 2x put on hold and never got a tech person. Finally emailed customer service and received a reply in 1 day. The gist is you have to do a master reset on the car which clears you out of my ford mobile. Following are the directions sent in an email to me.

In you car,
1. Select the gear icon button at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select SETTINGS
3. Select SYSTEM
4. Scroll down and then accept MASTER RESET and accept both warnings.
5. Once you do the Master Reset you will need to reenter your car in My Ford Mobile.

They do not tell you to take out the navigation SD card, but remember to do that. They also don't tell you to that Internet Explorer will not allow you to reenter your car information, you need to use the Mozilla FireFox browser.

After doing the above I was immediately reconnected to My Ford Mobile. You do not change your user name, emaiL address or password and you do not loose your travel information in My Ford Mobile.

I am just keeping a travel log here. "Unable to connect" again! 24 hours and counting. This is so annoying. The inability of a large corporation to create a functioning website is startling. It is like the early days of cell phone connections. Here now gone in 5 miles.
Because the linkage is with AT&T I keep thinking it is a cell tower problem, but AT&T is a strong performer in my area. I only try to connect at my home and at work. So, I am more inclined to think this is a MFM problem. I will keep you posted.

Dwf123, sorry to hear of your MFM problems. Unfortunately this is probably the worst time in the year to get experienced support. Hopefully, in the next few days, people are coming back from vacation time, and will dig into the problem, and find the solution.

Meanwhile, I ordered mine Sept. 26, and haven't heard from the salesman yet... :(

George, Thanks for the bond of commiserating.... MFM is an entirely new site for the electric vehicles. It has been around for a while with the ICE's. They put together a beautiful complex automobile but they can't build a website... What's that all about????

Your order. I ordered mine on November 26, 2010. I received delivery May 29, 2011. 6 full months of waiting. Ford provided zero updates. I finally established an email conversation with a sympathetic customer service person who tried to keep me updated. The dealership was Schultz Ford in Nuyent, NY. They were equally out of the loop. At some point you will get a vin number. The only way you will get that is to keep banging the dealership. After you get the vin you can pull up the vin decal on the internet. You will see the build date on the vin. You can expect delivery about 1 month after the build date.

Another way to do this is to order a 2012. If you check the blogs and websites you may be able to find one. You will probably get a better deal. Plus the 2012 has more features than the 2013 like, garage door opener/closer, auto sensing windshield wipers and dimming mirrors.

The only explanation I have been able to come up with for Ford's low interest in the electic Focus is because it is a CARB compliant automobile. It appears their real "focus" is on the hybrids. The CMax has had ten times the promotion of the Focus. I think they need this car in their inventory to meet fuel emissions standards. It is a slow seller, it is expensive and people simply do not want to buy an automobile they cannot drive for 300+ miles before charging and/or filling up with gas. However if, like myself, you are a commuter who drives 30-50 miles one way this car is extraordinary. I am into 7 months, 11,000 miles and have saved $1600+ after adjusting for electricity costs.

Good luck on your new car. It really is a gem of innovation. Be persistant and patient.....

Wood Foss

I had this issue. The fix was completed from my web browser.

Log into https://bev.myfordmobile.com/content/country/default/jsp/myAccount/vehicleManagement.faces

Goto My Account (top right)

Choose Vehicle and Driver Management

Choose to Edit your vehicle

Choose Factory Reset

Re-add your vehicle - You can choose to restore vehicle data history

You'll receive just one prompt on the vehicle screen in-car and all will be well.

…That was my experience after a number of other processes.

MPT

My Ford Mobile application is not working since Ford did an update on the software. Almost two months now
Great Job sent a letter to get the update performed just to break the car.
Great Job Ford :evil: I guess the only way to get the problem fixed is to go down and picket my local Ford dealer with a big sign about the poor service

Back