My Ford Mobile - taking ownership of a used FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinstangs

We recently bought a used 2013 FFE. We are trying to use the MyFordMobile app. We register the car on the website. It always says that there is already a registration and to click "take ownership" if we are the new owner. We do this and proceed through the registration process until we get to step three which is authorizing the registration from inside the car. The vehicle never asks the question. We have called the tech number and receive different "solutions" none of which have worked. We have done a master reset, pulled fuse F1 and fuse 67 as per suggestions from the technicians and other owners. We are out of ideas. After at least 8 phone calls to Ford, we are not looking forward to another one. Anyone else have this problem? Is it technical or something about the previous owner's registration that is causing the problem? Help!

You are waiting the full 24 hours before you check the car? I'm assuming with 8 phone calls you are doing that.

Once you register the car, you have to wait for the message to appear inside the car - that takes a solid day or two.

It could be the modem needs to be updated - if that recall wasn't done, that might be the problem - there is no cellular service to the car.

The car can be registered to multiple people, so that isn't the issue. Ford is also really good about removing the previous lease owner within two days of them returning the car.

EVA said:
You are waiting the full 24 hours before you check the car? I'm assuming with 8 phone calls you are doing that.
Yes. TWe did a master reset. It asked the question today. My wife now has some access, but is still blocked from some features.

EVA said:
Once you register the car, you have to wait for the message to appear inside the car - that takes a solid day or two.
See above

EVA said:
It could be the modem needs to be updated - if that recall wasn't done, that might be the problem - there is no cellular service to the car.
Modem recall done by selling dealer before we picked up the car.

EVA said:
The car can be registered to multiple people, so that isn't the issue. Ford is also really good about removing the previous lease owner within two days of them returning the car.
Not in our case. We have had the car for two months now. Today my wife tried again and it asked her if she wanted to take ownership but it wouldn't go through. Tomorrow maybe?????

---

EDIT: Added quote breaks to clarify.

Was this issue ever resolved? I am having the exact same issue. used 2013, take ownership, no messsage. I know there will be two messages, one should be right away and the second in 24 hours. I dont get the first one. Ive tried every fuse pull, master reset, unplug and replug the modem, everything I have found out there. And yes the modem was replaced yesterday with the new one with the esn that starts with a T. Currently have the neg bat cable pulled and will replace it shortly. Ive never had any access to the car, always stuck at step 3. Any ideas?

Edit: battery pull did nothing. Lost presets but still remembered my phone? I guess pulling the battery is not the same as a master reset.

When I left my car outside if the garage for the entire time between setting it up and getting the confirmation message, it finally worked. Might have been a coincidence, might have had crap reception in my garage under the car lift. Who knows.

kalel14 said:
When I left my car outside if the garage for the entire time between setting it up and getting the confirmation message, it finally worked. Might have been a coincidence, might have had crap reception in my garage under the car lift. Who knows.

My car is outside all the time. It also sits outside at my job for 7 hours a day. I will wait the 24 hours since I last re registered the car to see what happens.

So, on the website it gives you the option of registering with the cars vin or the ESN. All my previous efforts were with the vin. So, just for fun I tried the esn of the modem. I took a pic of the sync screen before I had the modem switched out so I still had the esn of the old 2g modem. When I entered that, it came up with my vin number and gave me the same prompt to take ownership of the car. I said ok and it said to wait for the prompt in the car. I checked the car and no prompt. I didnt expect it since it may have been looking for the old modem. I then tried with the esn of the new modem. It says the number is either incorrect, not compatible or not registered in their system. Is it possible that the dealer was supposed to register the modem somehow and didnt do it? could this be the whole issue?

Carbuff said:
So, on the website it gives you the option of registering with the cars vin or the ESN. All my previous efforts were with the vin. So, just for fun I tried the esn of the modem. I took a pic of the sync screen before I had the modem switched out so I still had the esn of the old 2g modem. When I entered that, it came up with my vin number and gave me the same prompt to take ownership of the car. I said ok and it said to wait for the prompt in the car. I checked the car and no prompt. I didnt expect it since it may have been looking for the old modem. I then tried with the esn of the new modem. It says the number is either incorrect, not compatible or not registered in their system. Is it possible that the dealer was supposed to register the modem somehow and didnt do it? could this be the whole issue?
Perhaps, a call to Ford may resolve that.

jmueller065 said:
Carbuff said:
Perhaps, a call to Ford may resolve that.

So, I called the nice lady at myfordmobile. She was very helpful. Long story short, the dealer that installed my new modem did not complete the registration process so all my confirmation messages were being sent to the old 2g modem. She confirmed that my vin was still associated with the old esn and that it shouldnt be. Unfortunately They are unable to just change that for me, it has to be done by the dealer. They need to "reinstall" it properly. She also told me that the sync 3.10 upgrade was dealer only and thats why I cannot download the file from the sync site. So, yeah.

Back