My Ford Mobile

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjsv1

Hello everyone.

New FFE owner here. I picked up a 13 FFE with 16k about a month ago. So far it's been excellent for our needs and we've put about 1500 miles on it already.

I'm having an issue with My Ford Mobile. It just doesn't update anymore. I believe it stopped working on 1.2.2017, not the 1st.

I've replaced fuse 67, with no success. The dealer informed me the modem was fine when I took it in to have the GPS fixed.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

-J.J.

Most likely your FFE still has the old 2G modem. The 2G network that the car's modem used to communicate over was retired by AT&T as of approximately January 1, 2017. So, your car has no more connectivity, which is why the MFM app no longer works for you.

But, fear not. There is a FSA (Field Service Action) to get the modem replaced (for free) with a newer 3G unit.

Field Service Action Number: 15N04
EMBEDDED MODEM REPLACEMENT

Search these forums for "15N04" for more information.

The dealer should have informed you about this issue (the FSA was issued around October, I think). But, that's dealers... always super-knowledgable and forever looking out for the customer's best interests!

Btw, if you haven't done so, it is good idea to register and log into http://www.fordowner.com to see what other FSAs and recalls might apply to your car. There have been several for the FFE.

If you dealer is as "good" as they seem, they probably didn't check for any of these issues before whisking you off the lot with a smile, and then going back to the office to count your money.

Ironically, the car fax said it was already done. However on the ford keener website it does show that recall listed along with 4 others. Does the website show just recalls or recalls that are outstanding for my vehicle?

jjsv1 said:
Ironically, the car fax said it was already done. However on the ford keener website it does show that recall listed along with 4 others. Does the website show just recalls or recalls that are outstanding for my vehicle?
It has been my experience that when recall or FSA work is performed, the dealer logs it to the Ford "system", and sometime later the corresponding item eventually drops from the list of "pending" items shown at http://www.fordowner.com.

So, if items are still showing, either there is some delay in propagating the information through the system, the dealer did the work but never logged it, or the work was simply never done.

Note that some items probably will linger at the website for a while... some recalls and FSAs have simply been "statements of fact", rather that work to be done, like the fact that the warranty period has been extended for this or that component. (There are a couple cases of warranty extensions for the FFE, for specific components.)

It is possible that you are having some other kind of connectivity problem, rather than an old modem. In either case, I think you need to take it back to the dealer for diagnosis.

But, did you notice that MFM updates definitely stopped working for you around January 1st?

As WattsUp said, the Ford owner's website can be off a bit. The gospel is what the dealer accesses for recalls. Since you bought the car used recently, there isn't a good way to tell what recalls have been done and which have not - from the Ford website. Take it to the dealer and make sure the modem recall has been done. If it hasn't, you might be in for two visits to get the work done (there is some monkey business they have to do with the EIN on the modem - some people have preempted the two visits, others haven't).

I just bought a used FFE and had some goofiness at my dealer. Some honest mistakes or honest confusion.

I went ahead and removed my account to attempt to reset, nothing...after a few days it never came through on the radio. Then I system reset through the car radio, still nothing. I'm pretty sure it's the modem. I'm taking the car to the dealer as the charge ring indicator just arrived (only half of the ring was working) and I'll ask them at that time, again.

Back