How to know which modem we have for MFM

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinstangs

We just got a 2013 FFE about a week ago as my wife's daily driver. She has had problems getting MFM to work. Ford's MFM support tech said on the phone to find out if we had a 2G or 3G modem. The dealer did several recalls before we got the car, but the FFE service tech who did the work said he didn't know which one we had or how to tell. Any hints?????

Yeah, the dealer knows!

It's in the paperwork for your car, they would show a modem part ordered to address customer sat program 15N04. If they didn't address that CSP, then you have the 2G modem and it needs to be replaced.

ATL-FFE said:
Yeah, the dealer knows!

It's in the paperwork for your car, they would show a modem part ordered to address customer sat program 15N04. If they didn't address that CSP, then you have the 2G modem and it needs to be replaced.

What paperwork? We are in Ohio, dealer bought it from auction in Missouri, was formerly a Ford fleet vehicle somewhere else \we can tell. The selling dealer did some recalls before we picked it up and is snail mailing us a copy of the invoice. The salesman is clueless on FFEs.

Your current dealer can find out if the work was done from your VIN. All recalls are logged with Ford and travel with the car.

There are probably a few outstanding recalls on the car anyway - I'd take the car in and have it checked.

In theory the Ford Owner's site should be able to tell you which recalls are still outstanding on the car. (owner.ford.com)

I faced the exact same issue buying a used car and wanting to be sure all the recalls were done.

I just checked - yes for certain all outstanding recalls and field service actions are recorded on the Ford Owner site.

My car went in for a big pile of recalls and FSA's. They are waiting on the modem. All the other recalls are now cleared, because they completed them.

If a recall shows up on the owner site, you need to have the work done. If it isn't there, you can be pretty certain the work was done.

15N04 is the modem recall. If it appears on the owner's site, you have the old 2G modem.

You will see the door latch recall notice also - probably not done yet since there aren't a lot of parts to go around.

Any service advisor in any Ford dealer in the country can pull up your cars service history and tell you whats been done and what is still outstanding. Sales, like Jon Snow, know nothing.

Thanks for the tips! My wife had registered the car and there are three recalls listed on line as outstanding - door latch, 12M02 regarding Sync, and 15N03 wiring harness. I know they did the last one - I told them if they didn't get the lights right we weren't buying the car, period. Not surprised that Ford wasn't notified. Once I get the list of recalls they did last week I'll have a better idea of what is really outstanding. Progress! The dealer is 45 minutes away and there are two closer ones - if we need service we'll hope the local dealer is more on the ball than the one we bought the car from...

Back