Inondation

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as all the battery connections and battery pack seals are good, till it floats... :lol: I'd be concerned about the gearbox being submerged. I'm sure it has a breather and you don't want that breather being submerged since water could then get in your gear box and I can't imagine water mixed with your gear box oil is a good thing.

My coworker inadvertently tested this LOL

Took a turn through a flooded parking lot. The water was a few inches below the side-view mirrors. No water ever got in his FFE and it drove fine after that (for several years before he turned in his lease). He could feel the wheels bouncing along the ground LOL.

So yes: it floats.

WattsUp said:
Several years? The car has only existed for four years (almost).
Several means greater than two but fewer than many. So technically if he had it for 2.1 years after the flood that fits the definition of several.

triangles said:
WattsUp said:
Several years? The car has only existed for four years (almost).
Several means greater than two but fewer than many. So technically if he had it for 2.1 years after the flood that fits the definition of several.
So "a few" and "several" might refer to the same number of things? (such as 3)

Personally, calling 3 things "several" sounds funny. I would call 3 things "a few", maybe even 4 things.

To me, I wouldn't start saying "several" until 5 or more, maybe 4 things.

WattsUp said:
Personally, calling 3 things "several" sounds funny. I would call 3 things "a few", maybe even 4 things.
To me, I wouldn't start saying "several" until 5 or more, maybe 4 things.
Yeah I agree it sounds funny. Personally I use "few" for 3-5, "several" and "many" interchangeable for 5+. But I'm aware some people use "several" where I would say "few."

Wow, really? a bit pedantic aren't we?

He had his FFE for 3 years (a standard 3 year lease). Picked his up about a month after mine--same color too (the people at work called me AA and him AAA LOL). His FFE did lead a troubled life (but no SSN's! LOL) but one of the things it did survive was a flooded parking lot.

Back