Post-Repair Door Handle Lock/Unlock Functionality

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik

Figured I'd ask y'all about this, because it's been bothering me.

The driver's door window was broken out (on my C-Max, but, same doors), and the shop needed to take the door apart to clean it all up.
When they put it back together, the Lock pad on the handle no longer works.
Unlocking is fine, so it's connected, but it won't lock.

The shop says there must be something wrong with the handle, because there's only one connector.

They've ordered another handle, and have somehow billed my insurance $3500 and counting. I'm sure they're gaming the system for money.
Anyone know if this could just be a software thing? I don't see how the hardware could magically become nonfunctional on it's own.

I'm curious about this too. I don't know anything about how the door lock/unlock function works but it sounds like maybe they broke a pin on the connector or cut one of the wires that just happens to only be used for the door locking function? But then why would they be doing anything with the external door handle? :? I would think all they would have to do is pull the interior panel off and vacuum out the glass then put the panel back on???

There are actually two sensors in the door handle. Once for locking, the oval pad on the outside of the handle. Another for unlocking, behind the handle, where you put your fingers when you grab the handle to open the door. My guess is one of those sensors is bad.

Back