Field Service Action 16B02

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can any of who have had the work done successfully share your dealership name? Better yet, anyone have it done in IL or within 100 miles of Chicago? My 2013 has been at Fox Ford in Chicago for 6 weeks... come to find out they haven't even sent the battery out yet because they don't know where to send it. I'm asking them to put it back together, let me drive home, and give me a call when they know what they're doing. Ideally I'll take it to a shop that's done one before. At the very least I can have these guys talk to another service shop to figure out who to contact to fix the battery pack.

Thanks!

dmen said:
My 2013 has been at Fox Ford in Chicago for 6 weeks... come to find out they haven't even sent the battery out yet because they don't know where to send it.
Thanks!

That is totally unacceptable. Make some calls. The Service Manager, General Manager, Owner. Better yet, walk in to GM's office and do not leave until they make a call to corporate and find the answer. It's not that complicated, just a procedure that needs to be followed. Make them accountable to do their due diligence.

btw, the dealer needs to first request a shipping container to pack your battery in and ship to the vendor, which is Piston Automotive, in Detroit.

Mine has been at the dealer maybe two months. Thank goodness the lease has expired, no longer my problem. I check the location occasionally to see if they fixed it and sent it off to auction...nope...still there!

sefs said:
The FSA is applicable to 2012-2016 FFE's in Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

In other words, States that have snow and salt in the winter.

Back