What is you experience with battery fade?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNEV

I would like to know what the communities experience with battery fade has been. I am at 22K miles and have not scene much. A could post report notable lose by 40K and significant as they reach 60K (70% or less of original). This has a pretty big impact on the long term use of the vehicles.

I think it would be helpful to know charging habits and regional climate.

I have 22K miles and have still get about the same mile range at full change as when I received the car. I general only charge if I am under 50% which may be two or three days between charging. I am in Minnesota which is pretty good for battery life. The battery gets some summer heat but not month after month.

about 1.9 years of ownership and a measly 7,500 miles. I haven't notice any battery fade. It's starting to cool off here in northern Ohio so I expect the usual seasonal range reduction. I have so few miles because I have 3 other vehicles although of the 3 only 2 are functional. I also have an amazingly short round trip commute of 15 miles.

In the 3 years I had my FFE I did not notice any fade. It was just shy of 30,000 miles when I turned it in. My commute round trip is only 30 miles so on any given day I'd only go about 50% into the battery (except for those really cold winter days). In addition I had it set to be fully charged about 45 minutes before I walked out the door in the morning (thus for typical weekdays I was only fully charged for about 45 minutes).

52000 miles in Southern California. At three years, battery was down to 15.2kWh usable...assuming initial value was 19.5 kWh, this represents about 22% loss.

I live in a moderate climate (West Los Angeles), during the daytime tried to keep the car in the shade when practical. I avoided keeping the car at full charge longer than necessary...in effect, I tried to keep good care of the battery.

Back