Buying a lemon law FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rjw576 said:
I bought my 2012 FFE-lemon buyback April 2015 with 7000miles in MO for $14250. The dealer in Columbia had 5 of them... all with less that 25,000miles. They dropped the price to $12500 on the 3 remaining a few months later, so I was mad I did not wait! In the year, have had zero problems, but did take it to my local dealer in IA once purchased, just to verify the 1 year bumper to bumper warranty and to have it checked over. It has been a great car, no loss of battery-range that I can tell. I get about 50miles range in cold weather and up to 80miles in warm weather (without any climate and below 50mph. I am a bit disappointed with the myfordmobile app. It seems glitchy and often reads "update failed" when I try to check battery level when charging at different locations. Hoping the reliability continues now that my warranty is going to expire!

I'd grab an extended warranty before yours expires. I got the Ford Premium Care warranty for 8 years or 48,000 miles (total) for $740 with $0 deductible. (I paid a tad extra for the first day rental)

Just guessing on some numbers for you, it looks like you could get an 8 year 60,000 miles $0 deductible for under $1000.

scottt said:
I'd grab an extended warranty before yours expires. I got the Ford Premium Care warranty for 8 years or 48,000 miles (total) for $740 with $0 deductible. (I paid a tad extra for the first day rental)

Just guessing on some numbers for you, it looks like you could get an 8 year 60,000 miles $0 deductible for under $1000.
Can you buy the Ford ESP on a lemon law car?

J_PATT said:
There is a dealer in Kansas City that has a number of 2012 Lemon buybacks for less than $9,000 all with low miles.

Bit high. Trade in is around $7000.

Paid 12500 for a 2015 with 3000 miles and new BCM with complete warranty. So far I'm quite pleased with that deal. Planning on driving it to extinction, so lemon law title doesn't bother me.

Back