New FFE Overview video with hmm

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

New FFE video from Ford:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66ilJ4hYAv4

What is interesting about this video, isn't the video but the description:
The 2016 Ford Focus Electric runs exclusively on electricity stored in a powerful 32 kwh high-voltage, lightweight lithium-ion battery system – which means it never needs a drop of gas.

Hmm notice something there....(I put the quote here in case they edit it/correct it.)

I didn't hear the specific battery capacity mentioned at all in the ad...
But you are right it is listed in the Youtube text description only.

Maybe Ford will start installing the new battery pack in new 2016 production FFEs?

Ford would be smart to offer a battery upgrade option for existing FFE owners.

The 2017 has a 33.5 kWh battery pack. The 3.6 h charge time is for the 23 kWh battery. I'd be shocked if they put the bigger battery in the later 2016 cars.

Interesting. I'd heard the 100mi range was just a software tweak to use more of the 24Kwh battery.

Now, the real question to ask is if the new ~30kwh pack is the same physical dimensions as the old pack.

rsanders4 said:
Now, the real question to ask is if the new ~30kwh pack is the same physical dimensions as the old pack.

From the Ford Employee's I've been speaking with, it sounds like they've changed the format of the traction battery and fitment/location in the trunk and under the trunk (there is an awful lot of wasted space under the car)

Back