ETIS Question & Production

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamez

As I get closer and closer to FFE ownership it gets harder and harder to pump petrol...

I've been lurking the etis site in hopes to see some sort of update on my VIN.

The dealer said it was "slated" for production this week, and as I understand it, the two on order may be the last two created for Canada on the 2016 m/y (I'm unable to buy a second 2016 m/y as there's none available).

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 2017 m/y starts production in late November (first ones for Canada being delivered to my dealership and will be used for the photoshoots for marketing materials)

Here's my question/problem/concern...

The etis has some strange number sequence for build date:

Primary Features
Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: Focus (C346N)
Engine: 350V/72A Electric Motor
Transmission: 1 Speed Transmission

What are the chances that's listing my VIN as a November build? Or is it just that it's some sort of pre-production number?
While it would be awesome to get a 2017 m/y at the price I'm paying - I'd rather not wait for December, nor do I want a first gen build.

Whoops, looks like further digging answered my question.

Sounds like a placeholder (whew) :D

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-discussions/2351-build-date-decoding.html

I may be talking to myself... but WOOHOO! The car was built yesterday!

Primary Features
Build Date: 28.07.2016
Vehicle Line: Focus (C346N)
Engine: 350V/72A Electric Motor
Transmission: 1 Speed Transmission

Time for the happy dance! Hope to see the car in the next two weeks

Julia for her birthday, or a Hawaiian name for her color. There's also a good chance she'll tell you when you meet her. That's how all my cars did it.

Lol, great ideas.

so far Noriko is leading the list. She's a Marvel character called "Surge" and has blue hair. If I could find some sort of Japanese connection with the FFE, it would seal the name.

My other cars:
Jean Grey (Phoenix)
Olivia Wilde

Back