Newb in Louisville

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcoBarlow

I bought a used 2012 this weekend with 19K miles at a remarkable price to keep the miles off my convertible. I'm very impressed with the fit, finish, features and performance of this vehicle. The FFE may be the best kept secret in automotive history. This car seems ideally suited for my business. I commute about 20 miles round trip daily with occasional 25 mile round trip into the CBD.
There is a Chargepoint installation near one of my commercial properties. I signed up for the service "just in case" I need to top off for an unexpected longer range trip. I searched this site (and the Chargepoint site) and found no reference to Apple Pay as a way to access the charge station. Is anyone using Apple Pay for Chargepoint? Any tips would be appreciated.
I've owned a couple Priuses that got handed down to deserving daughters. I look forward to being a member on this Forum. From my former lurker status, I have noticed very helpful responses and very little "snark".

MarcoBarlow said:
Is anyone using Apple Pay for ChargePoint? Any tips would be appreciated.
Its been my experience that you just register a credit card with ChargePoint and all your charges go there.

Granted 99.9% of the ChargePoint stations I've used have been free.

Make sure you install their app. You can use the app to initiate a charge at a station without having to use your Chargepoint card.

Thanks for the response. I downloaded the app and registered a credit card. I plan to test it later this week. I will check in at the station with my phone: hopefully it will allow me to use Apple Pay, but I guess it doesn't matter. The Chargepoint station is very convenient and for the past 2 days I have not seen a single car charging. The cost is $1/hr for the first 3 hrs then $4 hr.

Back