Most miles on a charge.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

My new personal best. About 5% city and 95% country roads. Speeds between 35 and 55 mostly cruising at 40-45. This is also the first time I've taken the GOM down to 0. It went down to 0 less than a half mile from home. I didn't feel like I'd be able to hit triple digits although I was tempted to find out. Looks like after a little over a year and a half and 6.5K miles I still have full capacity (19kWhr). Oh yeah I almost forgot it was lower nineties and the only climate control I used was windows partially down.

That's very impressive. I'm too scared to try. I've always had at least 10 potential miles left on a trip. Since you took it to zero, do you have a feel for long you could have gone at zero. I realize zero is subjective since it is a guesstimate based on driving style but wondering if anyone can say....yea you can still go a few miles even at zero. Just wondering.

My 2016 FFE still routinely gives me 20kwh+ after 10,000miles (my 2014 was more like 19KWH at same mileage). I think my record has been 90 miles but I run my car pretty hard.

Also I routinely get a few miles after zero. Also if I get "stranded" I just turn the car off for 5 minutes and I typically get another
mile or so.

Not sure if these "features" are for the 2016 only as I don't remember my 2014 being as good.

On my 2013 FFE I was able to get another mile or so after I hit 0 miles and the Stop safely now message came up.

Although my MFM has been acting up ever since I got the battery that low.

I don't know how much past 0 I could have gone. I went less than 1/2 probably more like 1/4 mile home once I hit 0mi. I used the NAV with home as the destination and sort of kept circling closer and closer to home as the GOM went down. I was a on the other side of a large block from home when I got the "battery depleated" warning as the GOM hit 0 I went straight home since I didn't feel like pushing the car home if I didn't make it.

On 2016 I do not get the Stop Safely Now message after I go well past 0 ...it just stops!

In general I think they did improve the '16 substantially.

Can't wait to try the '17 with bigger battery

Back