Ford lease end options

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In California, for a 2014 FFE, the only lease choice offered to me was 10500mi per year for 31500 miles total.
Mine goes back 8/17/17 unless they negotiate the buyout way down.
There are (6) 2013 and 2014 FFE's on my local craigslist for between $9k and $11K.
My buyout is listed as $15500.
Model 3, here I come.

triangles said:
Michael, How did you do a lease with that many miles? I though the leases were all 36K miles?

No, Ford Credit was exceptionally flexible in both number of miles and lease terms. Previously, we leased a gas Focus for two years, and then the FFE for three years. Longer and shorter terms were available. Mileage was available ranging from, if I recall correctly, numerous choices ranging from 10,500 per year up to 19.500 per year.

Other companies may be less flexible. My Volts were offered with 10,000, 12,000, and 15,000 as choices, nothing more.

My lease is for 58,500 miles. I expect to have about 54,000 when I turn it in next month...close enough

Anyone having any luck negotiating the price down on a buyout of the lease? I think my residual value is over 16K on the lease. Used 2014 are selling between 10 and 11K. I'd keep the car for 10 to 11K but not at 16K. Any ideas on how this might be negotiated? Lease is up in January and the Bolt will be on the market. I am sure the prices of the sub 100 mile cars will take another hit in value once it is out.

MNEV

My 2013 lease ended, and my residual was about $15,000. Turned it in to dealership, and they came back to me during the lease end checkout and said they would sell it to me for around $11, 500. Well, I can get one just like it through local/CarGuru for around $10K. Luckily, my brother in law sells Fords in Indiana. I gave him the VIN, and when it hit the internal FORD WHOLESALE site, the dealership bought it and then sold it to me for $8300!

Let me tell you, that dealership was PISSED when I showed up and picked it up, showing them the purchase agreement and price.

I leased my 2016 for 0%, 48 months and 100,000 kms.
The buyback is a touch over $7000 Canadian. If at the end I think it will make it another year or two, I'll likely buy it out.

Back