It does not turn on, there is no sign of life.

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aminoza

Good afternoon, in the evening on their Ford Electric (2013) came home, was 60 km course in the morning the car does not respond to signalization, unlocked with the remote control, headlights, interior lights, music, and everything else does not work, signs of life there, all the electronics is not working, I do not think that during the night she could sit down, and even sat down, the lamp should be in the cabin there is nothing .. svetitsya..a advise what can be done, what can be?
Sorry for my bad English.

First thing I would do is check the 12 Volt battery under the hood. I'm going to guess that this battery has died on you. Either jump it from another car, or put a quick charger on the 12 Volt.

campfamily said:
First thing I would do is check the 12 Volt battery under the hood. I'm going to guess that this battery has died on you. Either jump it from another car, or put a quick charger on the 12 Volt.

That's what I had to do. Car completely dead, Ford Roadside said they wouldn't jump it, but tow it up to 35 miles. Replaced the LVB and car was good as "new".

Thats why I recommend keeping a portable small 12v battery jumper unit in the car for emergencies.
I have a very small unit that uses a lithium ion battery and can also be used to charge USB devices as well as jump start a 12v car battery.
Much smaller unit than the older ones that use a larger lead-acid battery.
I also have in my garage an external good quality Sears 12v car battery charger (plugs into 110V AC) for use at home.

Until the Ford dealer updated my 2014 FFE's firmware a few months ago as part of one of the recall services, I had a few times where the 12v battery discharged enough where it needed to be charged externally. I also use a small 12v meter accessory that plugs into the inside 12v accessory port so I can monitor the 12v battery voltage level daily and catch it early if it starts to go down well below 11.5V or so. However since the firmware update, I haven't had that problem anymore the car seems to keep the 12v battery charged now even if its sitting for several days without being turned on.

Back