Highest Odometer Reading

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbeilman

I could not find a post on this topic when searching (sorry if a thread already exists), but what is the highest lifetime Odometer reading of the owners on this forum? And have you experienced any noticeable battery capacity loss? Personally, I have about 13k miles and no noticeable capacity loss.

Zombie thread revival (first of many, please forgive me)

I'd like to know any updates from y'all on your odometer, and any pack loss you've experienced.

I have my first BEV on order: 36 month lease, 2016 FFE in Kona, and we'll be putting 25,000kms/year on it, and I'm concerned about how it will do over the 80K.

Almost three years, lease ends beginning of September. 49000 miles, battery very obviously weaker. Usable energy generally around 15 to 15.5 kWh in moderate temperatures. So down maybe 20% or a bit more.

As you can see from my post above, a year and a half ago it was still looking pretty good, so much of the decline must have happened between 25000 and 50000 miles (and after 1 1/2 years). The car has gone through two summers since then, very likely a factor.

In the case of a Nissan Leaf, capacity loss of 21% results in loss of two battery bars, and three bars are lost at 27%. So a Leaf in this same condition would probably be down only two bars. So as grim as my experience sounds, by Leaf standards it isn't too bad.

Many thanks michael

To contrast the point even further (and the to illustrate my concern), once the Leaf hits that third bar loss (within the specified time) the capacity warning can kick in for replacement.

Ford doesn't have a capacity warranty at all. That's my major stumbling block with the FFE (and the reason for the 3y lease).

Not stopping me at this point, just wish Ford would get with the rest of the market and at least offer the capacity warranty (even if it's not used)

Yes. That's true. At the rate my battery has faded, if I would keep it to 60,000 miles, it would be quite close to the 30% threshold that would have triggered a Leaf battery replacement.

Ford has apparently all but pulled out of the BEV market. The upcoming 100 mile FFE will be obsolescent the moment it hits the showrooms.

Jamez said:
Zombie thread revival (first of many, please forgive me)

I'd like to know any updates from y'all on your odometer, and any pack loss you've experienced.

I have my first BEV on order: 36 month lease, 2016 FFE in Kona, and we'll be putting 25,000kms/year on it, and I'm concerned about how it will do over the 80K.
You can check out my report on capacity loss in the OBDII data for HVB thread.

What is your bottom line best estimate of usable energy....not what the ETE reports because I don't trust that. How much can you actually pull from the battery? How many miles/months now?

I'm at 39,000 miles on my 2013 FFE and I have a measured capacity of 16.7 kWh, that's down about 18% from the 20.4 kWh measured on a new 2016 FFE. Capacity loss seems to have been negligible over the last year as I had almost the same measured capacity last year at about 25k miles.

I've always used 19.5 as the assumed starting point because that was the generally accepted value on this forum. The new info about 20.5 seems solid, but I don't know whether this represents an improved battery or just better information.

Since you and I both have 2013 models, let's use the same starting assumption, 20.5. You are down about 4.7% per 10000 miles, and I'm around 4.9% That's pretty consistent.

Looks like about 5% per 10k miles is a good guess.

I just did 20kwh on my 2016 with 13000 miles on it (started at about 20.5 new)
And I drive crazy and down to zero a lot. typically average 260wh/mi and don't use AC.

Again I think it is way better than my 2014 FFE was getting at 11,000miles (started under 20 and was at 19 then)

Back