Sync 3 update

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMP40

Ford replied via Twitter that Sync 3 on 2016 FFE will get an update letter this year to fully support Apple CarPlay. Time to catch up with Chevy etc.

Its bigger than that: All Ford vehicles with Sync 3 will get an update for Android Auto and Apple Car Play--they had announced that back at CES this year.

Yeah i already complained... the map for vancouver, canada is already out of date and missing major highways... and Sirius traffic refuses to work in canada even though it lists vancouver as a location that it works. Call in to Ford stated that traffic will not work in canada.... will thats a great feature to add to a car you sell in Canada. So im patiently waiting at the very least a map update so I can actually navigate properly from where i live. But its frustrating why traffic just can be via FM like my other cars that work normally. Anyone in canada have traffic working in sync 3?

I basically told them that im now waiting for the Sync 3 update so i can at least use car play and apple maps since theirs is garbage in canada... the car i love... the tech, at least in canada, is sub par...

From Ford:
At the present time your vehicle is already utilizing the most current map version that's available. You can check back periodically with our software partners who own and distribute the updates here: http://ford.navigation.com
The Travel Link integration for SYNC 3 is currently only available for vehicle sold in the U.S. This is the root cause for the traffic conditions not showing up on your routes.
Good news on the CarPlay topic! Our engineers are expecting to release an update later this year for the SYNC 3 software that will enable the CarPlay functionality. The exact timeline hasn't been specified yet, but you can stay posted by visiting http://media.ford.com.

Im still on the free 6 months... dont plan to subscribe... Sirius states it does work in Vancouver but the service is shoddy at best and to be patient... im like its been 5 months and it hasnt worked once... no patience... haha. Ford insists it doesnt work at all outside of the US. Either way i told them i wont be renewing Sirius after the free period as whats the point. My patience is better spent waiting for the Sync 3 update and Apples Car Play.

I believe the Sync2 may still use FM for traffic as my friends fusion with Sync2 gets traffic no problem.

Ford customer service told me today that Apple CarPlay is due out Sept or at the latest Oct. 2016 for the 2016 FFE w/ Sync 3.

Back