Volta Charging - Free 30amp/Level2 Retail charging stations

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightHawk

3047242-poster-p-1-should-you-pay-to-charge-your-electric-car-this-startup-says-no.jpg

http://voltacharging.com/home

I saw a couple of the voltacharging free 30amp/Level2 EV charging stations with EV only parking spots was installed recently in the parking lot next to a local Target Store.
The sign said you could charge your EV for up to 2 hours for free!
Anyone else see these free stations around stores in your area yet?

NightHawk said:
3047242-poster-p-1-should-you-pay-to-charge-your-electric-car-this-startup-says-no.jpg

http://voltacharging.com/home

I saw a couple of the voltacharging free 30amp/Level2 EV charging stations with EV only parking spots was installed recently in the parking lot next to a local Target Store.
The sign said you could charge your EV for up to 2 hours for free!
Anyone else see these free stations around stores in your area yet?

Yes, There are a few around San Diego, Some in Hill Crest, Point Loma as well. I stop on my way home some times at Whole Foods and get a bite while my car charges.

This is the way public EVSEs should be done. Ad revenue to pay for the stations and free charging for a limited number of hours and then a cost after that.

hybridbear said:
This is the way public EVSEs should be done. Ad revenue to pay for the stations and free charging for a limited number of hours and then a cost after that.

AND located at retail centers, to bring and keep customers shopping.

Volta Charging's website and mobile app don't appear to be updated to show the newer chargers installed near me at the parking lot of that Target Store in Poway, CA.
I wonder how many other of their free charging stations are out there but not listed on their maps so would only find them by accident like I did?

I used one of the new Free Volta charging station in the parking lot of a local Target Store earlier today.
Get to park up close. :)
I let it charge for almost an hour while shopping and it was indeed charging at the same speed as my 240V,30A station at home - faster than the expensive pay to charge units at other local shopping centers!
Just plugs in like my home unit, no control panel or anything!

There is a free Volta charge station at the Cerritos Mall next to Macys. Two dedicated spots. I parked once with no problem but the next time I tried both were occupied. I appreciate that they exist but 2 spots for an entire Mall? Really?

By the way...kudos for how easy it is to use. You just stick it in. No codes...cards...or other crap to slow you up.

Back