Extended warranty question

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael

Now I'm puzzled....anyone know the answer to this?

My car is leased for 3 years, 58,500 miles so I will out-run the standard warranty. I'm at 32,000 miles so it's time to look into ESP plans.

I checked the Flood Ford ESP site, and it showed that the Premium care (most expensive) is available for three years at 48K, 60K, 75K, etc miles, but oddly the extra care (intermediate) was shown only at 4 years and higher; and the base care at 8 years and higher.

By comparison, the basic Focus showed listings at everything above 3 years/36,000 miles.

Does this mean that the original warranty on the FFE covers the extra care items for 4 years? Or simply that they don't offer this lower tier for three years for some other reason?

I'm about to spend $500+ for the ESP, but if all I'm getting is the incremental coverage between extra care and premium car, it's probably not worth it.

Can't remember my lease mileage limit. When I purchased the lease, the dealer would have happily sold me ESP from Ford. He said, nope, not necessary, the warranty has you completely covered. I have a 2014 FFE.

Last night I helped my parents research & purchase an extended warranty for their C-Max Energi. They're at 35 months of ownership now, so they're running out of time. Many have previously mentioned Flood Ford on here for purchasing the Ford ESP online. Another Ford dealer that sells the ESP cheaply online is Anderson & Koch Ford in North Branch, MN. Previously whenever I had checked, the prices were virtually equal between the two dealers. Last night when we checked, Flood Ford was almost $200 higher than Anderson & Koch. Add-on items such as first day rental, lighting coverage, etc were also much more expensive at Flood ($125) versus Anderson & Koch ($40). I wanted to share this for anyone else considering buying the ESP online to check out Anderson & Koch Ford!
http://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/

hybridbear said:
Last night I helped my parents research & purchase an extended warranty for their C-Max Energi. They're at 35 months of ownership now, so they're running out of time. Many have previously mentioned Flood Ford on here for purchasing the Ford ESP online. Another Ford dealer that sells the ESP cheaply online is Anderson & Koch Ford in North Branch, MN. Previously whenever I had checked, the prices were virtually equal between the two dealers. Last night when we checked, Flood Ford was almost $200 higher than Anderson & Koch. Add-on items such as first day rental, lighting coverage, etc were also much more expensive at Flood ($125) versus Anderson & Koch ($40). I wanted to share this for anyone else considering buying the ESP online to check out Anderson & Koch Ford!
http://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/

Yep, that's who I got mine from. 8 year, 48,000 miles, zero deductible with 1st day rental, $740

Back