Sleeping?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

Has anyone ever had MyFord Mobile tell you your car was sleeping? (See here: https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/2016/02/20/sleeping/ ).
I've gone on vacation several times with my FFE for over a week and never did MFM tell me the car was sleeping?

Perhaps this is a Sync 3 or a C-Max thing..hmm Anyone with a 2016 FFE leave their car alone for a few days get this message?

Not sure this applies or not, but I choose to unplug my FFE one night, and left it unplugged for 2 days. It was cold a few nights during that time. When I got in car to start it up, the display said something to the effect "I'm shutting off" After plugging it back in (120v) the charge ring didn't come on as usual. Turns out the 12V battery was below 11VDC. I had to put my car battery charger on it for a few hours to get the battery voltage back to 12V then the car was able to start charging normal again when plugged in. I did not realize the paralytic draw would or could cause the car to "Shut off" Now I keep it plugged in all the time when not in use!

I have seen this once or twice, but on the other hand I leave my car unplugged for weeks at a time with no apparent problem.

It should not be necessary to leave the car plugged in. I truly don't know why this problem sometimes occurs.

I think we are talking two different things here.

My FFE shut down due to low 12V battery twice.

My C-Max went to sleep automatically because it wasn't driven in a while (as explained by MFM).

These are two different things, and have different messaging to indicate that.

jmueller065 said:
I think we are talking two different things here.

My FFE shut down due to low 12V battery twice.

My C-Max went to sleep automatically because it wasn't driven in a while (as explained by MFM).

These are two different things, and have different messaging to indicate that.
I wonder if the FFE & older Energi models have a sleep mode. I've never seen it.

hybridbear said:
I wonder if the FFE & older Energi models have a sleep mode. I've never seen it.
Yeah I don't know if it is new behavior (perhaps with Sync 3)?

My FFE never did that and I've left it parked and plugged in--the exact same circumstances the C-Max was left in when it went to sleep--without ever going to "sleep".

As an aside: Yesterday my C-Max said I had 30 miles of range in BEV mode! LOL
More details: https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/2016/05/19/cars-charging-congestion-construction-ugh/

Digging up an old thread here. My 2013 ffe has been sitting inactive in the dealer lot for 2 weeks since it was last moved. (waiting for ford to decide what to do next) I checked the mfm app yesterday and it would not update. Tried again today with same results. Well, tonight I tried to update with the app and it gave me the notice that the car was in sleep mode and needed to be accessed in order to wake it up again. So, it would seem that 2 weeks of inactivity, unplugged, was enough to put it into sleep mode. Tomorrow I have to tell them to move my car or something to wake it up. LOL.

Back