New Recall? Battery connector corrosion?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breeves002

Maybe I'm late to the game on this one but when I dropped my car off today he told me it had a new recall. I forgot to get the # of the recall so I couldn't look it up or find much about it.

He said its a 2 hour job to look at it which includes removing part of the high voltage harness to inspect, clean, and lubricate it. If they find corrosion they must remove the lower battery pack and send it somewhere to be fixed. I really hope they offer rentals... Dropping it off Monday for this. It was there today because of the stupid seat that won't stop squeaking!

--
Sam

Mine has been at the dealer for over two weeks, and they HOPE that it will be done by the end of this week, yet they don't have the battery back from Piston Automotive in Detroit.
We'll see...

Pearl said:
Mine has been at the dealer for over two weeks, and they HOPE that it will be done by the end of this week, yet they don't have the battery back from Piston Automotive in Detroit.
We'll see...
Ironic that they send it to a place called "Piston Automotive"!

Pearl said:
We'll see...

Did they give you a loaner/rental car? Mine goes in Monday for this and we'll hope it doesn't need to be sent out...

breeves002 said:
Pearl said:
We'll see...

Did they give you a loaner/rental car? Mine goes in Monday for this and we'll hope it doesn't need to be sent out...
As part of the FSA, Ford covers the rental/loaner for the period the battery has to be shipped back (if required).

breeves002 said:
Pearl said:
We'll see...

I was given a loaner, a gas burning Fusion, for the duration of the repair (paid by Ford).

I heard back from them yesterday. They battery has been received and installed, but the HV wiring harness had corrosion as well, a replacement hadn't been received yet, and is expected to be complete in a day or two.

Went to the dealer yesterday to arrange to have mine done. "Recall, what recall?"

Wasn't showing up as due for my car in Oasis. However the Ford Owner's site did.

Had to call Ford to get things "blessed"

Sigh!

scottt said:
Went to the dealer yesterday to arrange to have mine done. "Recall, what recall?"

Wasn't showing up as due for my car in Oasis. However the Ford Owner's site did.

Had to call Ford to get things "blessed"

Sigh!

Some have reported this recall is only necessary in some regions of the USA?
I'm in southern California and it showed up at the Ford Owner's site for my 2014 FFE last month but haven't received anything in the mail from Ford like he did for the previous FSA for the HV battery connectors which I had done a couple months ago.
So I'm not going to do this one unless I can get a letter in the mail from Ford like I did for the last one at least until the next time I take the car into the dealer like for the annual maintenance but thats not for about 5 months yet.

Pearl said:
NightHawk said:
Some have reported this recall is only necessary in some regions of the USA?

It's for northern states that have harsh winters where salt is used on the roads. The aforementioned is the root cause of the connector corrosion.

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23236

Same problem in Norway to.. salty roads is FFEs nemesis.. my dealer have sold 5 FFEs and all of them has this issue..

Back