Went to the drag strip...

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breeves002

Performed slightly better then I expected. Ran against a 2014 5.0 Mustang with unknown modifications (if any).

It was like 11pm and I only had time for one run.

17.594 seconds at 80.29mph. I was yelling near the end "COME ON" I wanted it to at least hit 80 :D For comparison my 08 sable runs 15.4's with the right tires and my buddy's Focus ST ran in the low 14's.

I brake torqued it by maximum parking brake as soon as I was staged. Parking brake max, pedal floored. The rear end of the car just hit the ground lol. Did not budge though! TC off but no tire spin at all on OEM rubber.

Thought I'd share.

--
Sam

You should have put on drag slicks! I breeze by Mustangs, Camaros, Porsches, you name it, every day....in the California HOV lanes!

campfamily said:
Need to work on that R/T.....there's 0.8 seconds right there!!!

The time doesn't start until you actually start to roll so it should be accurate.

I'm usually much better but since I was brake torquing it with the parking brake the PB got stuck and I had to release it which took probably that entire second.

Why didn't you just keep your foot to the floor with it in neutral and then click it into drive on the second light?

breeves002 said:
Yes. The PCM still limits torque so its no different. I doubt I'll go back but I could to see if there is a faster way to do it.
Maybe the 0-60 turns out no different, but it feels a bit different. You get a slightly earlier feeling of torque rush.

(I'm not saying it's drastic, but just a little different than the delay of putting your foot down after releasing the brake.)

Back