Value Charge Times ignored. Car starts charging immediately

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zeldar said:
One more observation I have made is that the tendency to heat the battery seems to also be influenced by the level of charge in the HVB. When my FFE battery has more charge, like on the weekend when it has only been used to go to the store and back, the car is MORE likely to do the battery heating outside the VC window. Not sure why that is but it is what I have observed given roughly equivalent outside temperature and equivalent time the car has been sitting unplugged outside. Perhaps it is more 'stressful' on the battery if it gets cold at a higher charge level??
I have noticed this too. Yesterday the car charged for 47 minutes during the $$$$$ period when it was plugged in. That is much longer than the usual 10-15 minutes. The main difference was that the car arrived home with a much higher SOC than usual. My wife didn't remote start the car before leaving work yesterday, so the SOC upon arriving home was about 10-15% higher than usual (around 60% instead of being around 45-50%.

Back