purchasing a ffe...

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashuri

So....i have a prius V (love it) and a 06 civic hybrid(hate it)..thinking about the Ffe...(Tesla is too rich for my blood)

I'm looking to purchase in 2 months and am doing research...

any tips from anyone on recent (within last month) purchases you made and how much you paid...I am thinking of going through the costco program (got a great deal on the prius that way)

thanks!

Check out TrueCar. I got an excellent price quote from a local dealer and used that to negotiate. I paid $37,270 before taxes, fees, warranty, etc...I was satisfied with that price. I found that many dealerships were fairly rigid because of the lack of supply when I bought in August, but you might get some great end of year closeouts. I highly recommend looking at the posts about leasing. Looks like San Jose is offering $250/mo on a 39month lease with 0 down and 10,500mi/yr //34k total lease mileage. Somehow they come up with $12,000 in rebates ($7500 federal, $2500 CA tax, but I don't know where the other $2k comes from.) At that price it's totally worth leasing unless you are going to drive it into the ground and go way over mileage. Wouldn't hurt to ask them to throw in the 240v EVSE too. Please post what you finally get!

Hocus Focus

Can I ask where you purchased??? Also any differences between the 2012 model and the 2013 model....I might be able to get a better deal on a 2012

thanks!!

The 2013 includes all of the 2012 features accept:

Rain sensing windshield wipers
Remote control garage door opener
Auto glare eliminating rear mirror

Why the hell they eliminated these items on a $33k compact auto is beyond me...... So if you can find a 2012 you will get a better car.....

Dilema....I went to a local dealership...they tried to sell me a 2012 with 600 miles on it already and claimed that it was NEW...what is the mileage at which point it is no longer considered new

thanks

still looking...I have a dealer down to 36,500 + fees...so far!!

ashuri said:
Dilema....I went to a local dealership...they tried to sell me a 2012 with 600 miles on it already and claimed that it was NEW...what is the mileage at which point it is no longer considered new

thanks

still looking...I have a dealer down to 36,500 + fees...so far!!

In most states they don't care about the mileage but do care if it was registered; if it was then it's used, if not then it's considered still new but check with your states DMV before they might question it. As this is important for the $7,500 Fed Tax Credit (only goes to 'first' purchaser) and in my state we also get a 10% MSRP rebate (but again, only to 'first' purchaser) it's very important that they title it as 'NEW', otherwise they need to take that $7,500 off right off the bat as 'someone' already took it. Early on, some Chevy dealer's were taking the Fed Tax Credit on Volt's and then trying to sell them at a slight discount from list and would imagine a few unsuspecting customers lost money on the deal.

Ashuri,

I purchased my 2012 at Mossy ford in San Diego through Internet sales dept. however, I think if you can live with the lease you can get better value now especially with some of the deals advertised wit 0 down and 250/month at 10.5k mi/yr. That's how I would do-over.

10% MSRP rebate?!?!?!!! What state?

I got a great deal...(will reveal it once I pick up ;))....A few questions:

What are the questions I should ask the dealer?

Anything they should show me or not...

Does the electric qualify for the Ford Student Graduate Program (where you get $500 back)....

Any list of items I should be given/reviewed???

thank you all

Once I purchase I will post pics!

Ashuri, we're waiting...

Definitely ask the dealership to set up your myfordmobile account and the syncmyride account. The MFM takes 24 hours and confirmation in your car before activation.

Also, have them set up the bluetooth connection with your phone and demonstrate how to make a call, prefereably SYNC services and enter your home address and have it downloaded to make sure it connects. Maybe this requires more time to completely activate...not sure but you can ask. Also, have them show you any features you want to use frequently--texting, SYNC, climate control, etc...

Please let us know about your experience.

Ashuri, slightly off topic, but can you tell me why you don't like the 06 Civic Hybrid?

Will try to get pictures up soon...did the sync at the dealer but not the myford application

I don't like the civic because the MPG dropped from the 40's to the 30's (34 to be exact) I could have gotten the same miles with a gas only!!!

Back