2016 FFE delivery ETA?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbitz777

My dealer put an order for a 2016 FFE today the first day orders were taken according to him. This is to replace my 2014 that is being bought back by Ford and the plan was that the swap was going to happen within a 45 day window.

Ford however claims that it will take at least 90 days to get the 2016 even as they will prioritize my order.

Anyone has a better handle on the ETA?

According to the Ford.com web site, it appears they are actually in stock in good quantities at dealers in Southern California.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/dealer/Galpin-Ford-05536/dealerLot?zipcode=91343&model=Focus%20Electric&segment=Hybrid&lang=en&branding=1&year=2016&Order=LowPrice&return=Complete#vin=vin1FADP3R45GL212816

I totally don't get it. According the web site, Galpin Ford has 12 in stock right now, Sunrise and AutoNation Valencia each have four, and I didn't check the other dozens of dealers nearby.

If you really want one, drive a hard bargain here and have it shipped with the savings.

michael said:
I totally don't get it. According the web site, Galpin Ford has 12 in stock right now, Sunrise and AutoNation Valencia each have four, and I didn't check the other dozens of dealers nearby.

If you really want one, drive a hard bargain here and have it shipped with the savings.
Hey I agree with your statement BUT since this is a replacement for my lemon 2014 FFE I do NOT control how I can get my replacement car. Ford does and Ford is just not willing to transport the car out of network from PA. Anyhow since they gave me a loaner fusion (4 months and counting) it is costing Ford and not me! Also the way the trade is to take place is MSRP to MSRP minus usage fees for my 11000 miles (about $3700) ...no rebates or discounts to be in the equation. Good news is the 2014 MSRP was over 37k and 2016 about 31.5K so I will not have to pay anything.

Seems like CA people live in a different priority space when it comes to BEVs.

From my sales guy here:
Galpin is the largest Ford franchise in the USA and you are viewing the combined inventory. My system only requires their name/zip code to browse their inventory. They have: 2 on the lot, 7 at the plant and 2 in transport phase. As soon as a VIN number is issued the vehicle is listed on the Ford site as well as the dealership. It’s a fully automated system. Add to which California has a 40% production priority for all hybrids and electric vehicles.

I've never seen any of the 2016's FFE in Arizona yet.

Any big changes in the 2016 like adding Fast Charging, updated cooling /heating with an efficient heat pump instead of the old compressor or any other changes ?

Im not in the US (In Canada) but below are my details for my 2016 factory order:

Sept. 09/2015 - Factory Ordered 2016 from dealership
Oct. 14/2015 - Received my VIN#
Nov. 19/2015 - Invoiced
Nov. 20/2015 - Window Sticker created
Dec. 03/2015 - Scheduled Build Date
Dec. 26/2015 - ETA at Dealership

If it does come on the 26th we are looking at 108 days.

Keith

Back