Driver's Side Floormat - Excessive Wear

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campfamily

Not sure if it's just me, but my driver's side front floor mat started coming apart on the upper left corner, right where I put my left foot. I showed it to the service adviser at the Ford dealer when I had it in for the software recall this morning, and they went ahead and replaced both front floor mats under warranty. I'm thinking it's just going to do the same thing, but nice that Ford took care of it for me. My car is 7 months old, 8,000 miles.

BTW, this is the first car I've owned where the driver floor mat only goes halfway up the firewall, and doesn't go under the pedals. I'm guessing this was Ford's way to be sure that they don't have problems with the pedals getting caught in the floormats, leading to a problem like what Lexus / Toyota had.

Keith

I didn't know that floor mat wear was covered by the warranty, thats interesting!
I haven't noticed any wear on mine after a little over a year of use so far.

NightHawk said:
I didn't know that floor mat wear was covered by the warranty, thats interesting!
I haven't noticed any wear on mine after a little over a year of use so far.

Mine was actually coming apart at the top left hand corner, where I put my left foot. Not really normal wear and tear. I'd post a picture but the dealership kept the old mats.

Back