current lease pricing

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you Michael. i only need to know 3 things for the mileage and length of lease i want:

1. my monthly payment.
2. how much i will be writing a check for.
3. how much i need to pay at the end if i do not buy it. (which i will not be)

As long as I am comparing the same car, that's all i need. The down payment thing doesn't really matter to me as long as when I add all the dollar amounts up they are less for the car i lease. Obviously the cost of the car is a big part in the formula, then rebates, then the big "put your dealers name here" discount. What they say the car is worth at the end doesn't mean anything to me. I know the have some pre set number they get from ford which determines that end value. It must of been less the last time i leased it, i just thought the 25% decrease in msrp would of more than made up for it. Ford was not willing to do better than $270ish for the one with leather on a 12,000 mile lease and me writing a check for $900 and that didn't include the wear warranty, that would of been anywhere from $400-$1000 more that they would of gladly split up into the monthly payment.

Went to two VW dealers and called two more. I now own the VW. Granted some specs are better on the Ford, really wanted to buy American again but not enough to pay over $50 more a month. I can buy a lot of electricity for $50 a month. I will pick it up tomorrow or the next day. I was going over on mileage and am worried that the $2500 CA rebate will not be available soon. Honestly it feels bigger inside and it turns like a champ compared to the Ford. So looks like i will be turning the Ford in a couple of months early. Its going to suck to have to make the payments and still turn the car in buy will be less to get it off my insurance plus i'm already over on miles.

Also the sales people were nicer at the VW dealers.

So looks like i may have to go register on the VW forum now.

Leo said:
I'm with you Michael. i only need to know 3 things for the mileage and length of lease i want:

1. my monthly payment.
2. how much i will be writing a check for.
3. how much i need to pay at the end if i do not buy it. (which i will not be)

As long as I am comparing the same car, that's all i need.

This is all you need if you're happy comparing payments from various dealers to pick the lowest one. However, knowing the other factors could allow you to get the payment even lower.

Enjoy your e-Golf. As I stated in another thread, I also concluded that the e-Golf was a better car than the FFE (nicer interior, better driving experience, reminded me of my old GTI from when I was younger!!), but just couldn't justify the extra cost. If the price had been close, I'd be on the VW forum as well!!

Keith

Leo said:
Went to two VW dealers and called two more. I now own the VW. Granted some specs are better on the Ford, really wanted to buy American again but not enough to pay over $50 more a month. I can buy a lot of electricity for $50 a month. I will pick it up tomorrow or the next day. I was going over on mileage and am worried that the $2500 CA rebate will not be available soon. Honestly it feels bigger inside and it turns like a champ compared to the Ford. So looks like i will be turning the Ford in a couple of months early. Its going to suck to have to make the payments and still turn the car in buy will be less to get it off my insurance plus i'm already over on miles.

Also the sales people were nicer at the VW dealers.

So looks like i may have to go register on the VW forum now.
Please post a review comparing the FFE & eGolf. I wanted to drive an eGolf when I was in the Bay Area for work in September. However, I was there about a week after the dieselgate scandal broke & I couldn't get a response from any dealer to the e-mails I sent. In fact, I never received a response & I contacted 3 dealers in the Bay Area that had eGolfs in stock. I figured they were too busy dealing with unhappy TDI owners to reply to me.

Just got it home last night. Wife took it to work today. She likes it. I haven't had time to mess with it much. i will let you guys know what i kike dislike and what differences i notice.

Back