Ford FOcus Electric with Flux Capacitor option

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

On the Ford website you can order your time travel options on the Ford Focus Electric :)

Looks like it goes in place of the navigation screen?

DTLOPMR_136B520D-21A8-FCA6-67D3-519267D35192.jpg

Flux Capacitor – Happy Back to the Future Day

$1,210,000

Introducing the Flux Capacitor.
Have the time of your life—as you travel through time.
Safe travels and Happy Back to the Future Day.

• Makes time travel possible (if time travel were possible, but it’s not… yet)
• Stylish enclosure
• Use it to acquire fashion-forward styles from the future (such as self-tying shoes), witness major historical events in real time, or simply check up on next week’s weather
• Powered by 1.21 gigawatts
• Warning: Avoid your past self at all costs, as this may cause a rift in the space-time continuum
• Warning: It is dangerous to use sports almanacs from previous years with the intent to unfairly profit from gambling activities of any kind
• Warning: Please time-travel with care, keeping in mind that different historical epochs will present unique challenges based on the cultural and technological limitations of the era
• Available October 21, 2015
• This upgrade is not actually available at dealerships

http://shop.ford.com/build/focus/?gnav=header-cars#/config/Config%5B%7CFord%7CFocus%7C2016%7C1%7C1.%7C.P3R.....HAT.ELC.RET.BEV.FLU.~FOCUS.%5D

But unfortunately Ford limits the top speed of the FFE so it can't quite reach the required 88mph for the flux capacitor to acheive time travel!

klaus said:
On the Ford website you can order your time travel options on the Ford Focus Electric :)
Flux Capacitor – Happy Back to the Future Day

$1,210,000

Introducing the Flux Capacitor.
Have the time of your life—as you travel through time.
• Makes time travel possible (if time travel were possible, but it’s not… yet)
• Use it to acquire fashion-forward styles from the future (such as self-tying shoes), witness major historical events in real time, or simply check up on next week’s weather
• Powered by 1.21 gigawatts
[...]

http://shop.ford.com/build/focus/?gnav=header-cars#/config/Config%5B%7CFord%7CFocus%7C2016%7C1%7C1.%7C.P3R.....HAT.ELC.RET.BEV.FLU.~FOCUS.%5D
A sense of humor: Cool, and gave me a laugh too!
(They could have added 3 more zeros, for giga-dollars, and maybe pronounced "giga" better. I won't hold my breath for someone there asking our opinions about what needs improvement on FFE.)

NightHawk said:
But unfortunately Ford limits the top speed of the FFE so it can't quite reach the required 88mph for the flux capacitor to acheive time travel!
I bet the Flux Capacitor option removes the speed limiter so you can go 88mph!

About speed limiting:
The car used to show a message about "... limited to 80 mph" on the left screen, at start up.

Last week, while hurrying around a driver whose weird moves worried me, my FFE speedometer got up to 86 briefly.

a) Why did it stop showing that message about a 80 limit?
b) What is a real limit, for most such cars?

(That is there to protect the motor, right ... or maybe the rest of the drive train too?)

JTCalif said:
The car used to show a message about "... limited to 80 mph" on the left screen, at start up.
I don't think this message happens normally (my FFE never shows it) -- only when you limit the maximum speed in a MyKey driver profile.

triangles said:
NightHawk said:
I bet the Flux Capacitor option removes the speed limiter so you can go 88mph!

or maybe you could push it up to 88mph with a big train? :mrgreen:

JTCalif said:
About speed limiting:

Last week, while hurrying around a driver whose weird moves worried me, my FFE speedometer got up to 86 briefly.

a) Why did it stop showing that message about a 80 limit?
b) What is a real limit, for most such cars?

(That is there to protect the motor, right ... or maybe the rest of the drive train too?)

My car does this every once in a while (limit to 80 mph). There is something screwy in the software, sometimes it thinks you have a MyKey profile active. It's very annoying for me, as traffic in SoCal often hits 80, and at 75, you get a warning (along with a "dong") that you're approaching the limit. When I take my car in for the recall reprogramming, I'm going to mention this anomaly to them, but I'm not expecting any fast fix.

The real limit is about 85; I've seen 87 or so when I come up to the limit at WOT. I once drove about 6 miles on the limiter, it steadied at 84. Used up quite a bit of range on the GOM!!

Keith

WattsUp said:
campfamily said:
at 75, you get a warning (along with a "dong")
Really? My FFE never does that. The power simply levels off around 84.

Mine does the same as yours, most of the time. About once or twice a month, when I push the start button, a pop-up shows in the left window stating "My-Key Active, speed limited to 80 mph". The first time it happened I accused my teenage son of setting it up (we have fun playing jokes like this on each other), but he swore it wasn't him. I have verified I have no My-Keys active in the car, so it must be a software glitch. Others on the forum with 2015 model year cars have reported the same glitch.

Keith

Back