Got 45 days to trade 2014 Lemon: what to buy from Ford?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbitz777

Got a letter from BBB Autoline (the one you are supposed to use to resolve Lemon issues if not from CA) regarding
my 2014 FFE at the shop now for 4+ months.

Anyhow Ford is offering me to trade into ANY ford vehicle as a way to resolve the issue (not being able to fix the car)

The way it is outlined is that they will use MSRP to MSRP to compute what I would owe if any on the exchange.
Good news is that the 2014 MSRP on mine was over $37k which is about 6k higher than 2015/6 model years.

Now the problem is that there are NO 2015 FFE to buy from Ford anywhere in the East Coast and Ford wants the trade to take place
within 45 days.

And although a 2016 order sheet is available they can't give me an ETA of when I will actually get it! And they will not give me a credit for the fact that MSRP was higher at the time. On top of that I am not sure I am able to keep the loaner for much longer.

I was told I should probably get any Ford Model instead! I am not up on Fords but what would 37k buy; maybe a larger hybrid type. ?

Glad I put a deposit on a Tesla X!

michael said:
There are a bunch of 2015s in California. I think it costs about $1000 to ship cross country. Could this help you?
I hope so; still waiting for Ford to see if they would allow; I guess that would be extra cost to me.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2016&zip=32746&keywordPhrases=electric&listingType=new&listingTypes=new&doorCode=4&sellerType=d&sellerTypes=d&showcaseListingId=409324369&mmt=%5BFORD%5BFOCUS%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&doorCodes=4%2C5&vehicleStyleCodes=HYBEL&modelCode1=FOCUS&showcaseOwnerId=569285&makeCode1=FORD&startYear=2015&searchRadius=0&listingId=408502864&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2016&zip=32746&keywordPhrases=electric&listingType=new&listingTypes=new&doorCode=4&sellerType=d&sellerTypes=d&showcaseListingId=409324369&mmt=%5BFORD%5BFOCUS%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&doorCodes=4%2C5&vehicleStyleCodes=HYBEL&modelCode1=FOCUS&showcaseOwnerId=569285&makeCode1=FORD&startYear=2015&searchRadius=0&listingId=412163388&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2016&zip=32746&keywordPhrases=electric&listingType=new&listingTypes=new&doorCode=4&sellerType=d&sellerTypes=d&showcaseListingId=409324369&mmt=%5BFORD%5BFOCUS%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&doorCodes=4%2C5&vehicleStyleCodes=HYBEL&modelCode1=FOCUS&showcaseOwnerId=569285&makeCode1=FORD&startYear=2015&searchRadius=0&listingId=394798925&Log=0

Since you've got the extra $$$ to play with......C-Max Energy?

And.....

Since (I'm guessing) it wouldn't be a lease (you own it), you'd get to take the Federal Tax Credit again.....am I right on this?

Essentially yes though, he is right, get a Focus RS :)

Yes, I thought they weren't available yet either but I saw an entire truckfull of them come in and talked to one of the guys that got one.

scottt said:
Since you've got the extra $$$ to play with......C-Max Energy?

And.....

Since (I'm guessing) it wouldn't be a lease (you own it), you'd get to take the Federal Tax Credit again.....am I right on this?
I am hoping to take the tax credit ($7500) again!

The C-Max only gets $4000 Fed tax credit?

fbitz777 said:
scottt said:
Since you've got the extra $$$ to play with......C-Max Energi?

And.....

Yes, but I thought you didn't want to leave money on the table since you had the higher FFE MSRP to play with.

scottt said:
fbitz777 said:
scottt said:
Since you've got the extra $$$ to play with......C-Max Energi?

And.....

Yes, but I thought you didn't want to leave money on the table since you had the higher FFE MSRP to play with.

Ford did not offer to give credit if I "trade down" . My dealer is now 10 days from being able to order a 2016 FFE and it might all work out (as they might move me up the priority on the '16) I think the 2016 MSRP with leather and white platinum is in the low 30's .

One thing I forgot is that I am being charged a usage fee for my 11,000 miles of 11k/100k x 37k MSRP so I really have only 33k or so in terms of credit.

Back