no audio

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drfactor

I can sync my phone but I can't hear it. The entertainment mode will not turn on, including radio. There is no audio at all in car.

Maybe try pulling and reseating the fuse for the MFM system?

The idea here is to simply power-cycle it, as perhaps the system is "stuck" and just needs to be restarted.

thanks for the suggestion. Went to do it, and now the 12V battery is dead. this is the second time - just needs a quick jump, and then it goes fine. So once I get the car going again, I will try your suggestion. THanks. I've had the car over two years, and just starting to have some troubles. don't know if the newer models have worked out the bugs, because otherwise I quite like the car.

drfactor said:
thanks for the suggestion. Went to do it, and now the 12V battery is dead. this is the second time - just needs a quick jump, and then it goes fine. So once I get the car going again, I will try your suggestion. THanks. I've had the car over two years, and just starting to have some troubles. don't know if the newer models have worked out the bugs, because otherwise I quite like the car.
I would take the car to the dealer about the low 12V battery issue. Reference TSB 13-09-19. I would also ask them to load test the 12V battery & replace it under warranty if needed.

I suspect the reason people are having dead 12 volt batteries is because of the radio not shutting down. This could be due to microprossor in the radio crashing. Even with the radio turned off it is still on. All it does is turn off the sound source to the radio. This is because Sync and the navigation audio still come through with the radio off. When you power down the car the radio normally turns off when you open the door. You would not know that the radio failed to power down if it was not in use at the time of the power down. If the microprossor crashed and it was in use the radio would continue to play after the vehicle was powered down. This would only be true if radio power down is microprocessor driven. Power for the radio may come from GEM (general electrical modual).

Back