locking the car and stopping the horm from beeping

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tapperjimd

Hello, does anyone know of way to stop the horn from beeping when you lock your car with the remote? My dealer was unable to fine a way for the EV focus. The regular focus has a way

On my 2014 FFE, pressing the lock button on the remote control once locks the doors with no horn sounding.
Thats outside the car with all the doors closed.
Don't leave the remote key inside the car and get out and close the door - that causes the horn to sound as an alert.

^ was about to say the same thing.

Will the horn still go off if you lock it by touching the door handle?

If one key is still in the car it will beep once. If its running with the key NOT in the car it will beep twice.

On all fords back into the 90's to today, hitting the lock button once will not sound the horn. Hitting it a second time will sound it once if all doors are closed and twice if a door is ajar.

On an unrelated note, I did find a way to stop it from beeping twice if you get out with it running. Wave the key to the roof of the car above the drivers seat and usually it stops it from beeping.

Back