Got my car on my wrist!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

Last week Ford upgraded the Android app to support Android wear devices. Since I happen to have a Moto 360 Smartwatch I did take note of the new functionality:

https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/2015/08/23/got-my-car-on-my-wrist-part-2/

(It appears to be pretty cool--time will tell how often I make use of the new features, though.)

Did that upgrade coincide with loss of functionality for some people?

I used to be able to check on my FFE through my Samsung tablet (running Android 4.4.2 now).
Lately, I can no longer see anything useful, like battery % charge, tires, ...
(I just downloaded v 2.0.83, replacing ...73: no obvious change.
Most icons (like for Trip Planner, Vehicle Locator, ...) now have a red circle with slash, i.e. are not working. Vehicle Management works, shows the correct VIN (which I wondered about, since getting the 2015 a few weeks ago).

Myfordmobile.com still works fine, but this app. lost all the functions it used to have, here.
Ideas?

Sounds to me like the App thinks you're still waiting for the 24 hour confirmation from the car.

I haven't noticed any functionality missing since the change (still has the same items, and some of the same bugs LOL).

JTCalif said:
Did that upgrade coincide with loss of functionality for some people?

I used to be able to check on my FFE through my Samsung tablet (running Android 4.4.2 now).
Lately, I can no longer see anything useful, like battery % charge, tires, ...
(I just downloaded v 2.0.83, replacing ...73: no obvious change.
Most icons (like for Trip Planner, Vehicle Locator, ...) now have a red circle with slash, i.e. are not working. Vehicle Management works, shows the correct VIN (which I wondered about, since getting the 2015 a few weeks ago).

Myfordmobile.com still works fine, but this app. lost all the functions it used to have, here.
Ideas?
Have you tried signing out of the app, deleting it, reinstalling it & signing in again? I agree with jmueller's assessment of what the app appears to be thinking...

Bingo: Thank you!
Just signing out, then back in did the trick. Back to a useful app. now.
Odd: did not have to sign in again, when went back later to re-check. Had to enter (at least) 4 digits every time, before.

JTCalif said:
Bingo: Thank you!
Just signing out, then back in did the trick. Back to a useful app. now.
Odd: did not have to sign in again, when went back later to re-check. Had to enter (at least) 4 digits every time, before.
You can configure that option. On the mobile app if you say "remember me" you can choose passcode or no passcode. For awhile I did "no passcode" and I found that the system logged me out fairly frequently. Once I set up a passcode the system does not log me out ever. The only time I've had to log in again was when a internet connection failure caused the app to sign me out.

Tom French said:
I have a moto 360, but cannot find the app to download.

I have the app for the FFE on my phone.

Any idea where the moto 360 app is.?
Its part of the MyFord Mobile app you've been using. It took a day or so before it showed up on my Moto 360 (look in the list of apps: tap the watch face and scroll down you'll see one called "MyFord Mobile" with the green E icon).

You may want to check the Play Store and see if your MyFord Mobile app needs an update.

You may have to have your Moto 360 up to the latest firmware as well (mine is at 5.1.1).

Tom French said:
Thanks, got the notice an update was available to the myford app.
Installed it and yes the icon changed to an e.
I wondered why the icon changed on my Nexus 7. Was it part of introducing the watch functionality?

hybridbear said:
I wondered why the icon changed on my Nexus 7. Was it part of introducing the watch functionality?
Could have been or that they just wanted to change the icon (I thought the icon had changed a couple of revs ago; wear functionality was only delivered in the most recent one).

Back