MFM will not connect/update

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WattsUp said:
Curious, what does the little blue car at the top of the screen do? Does it "pull down" to reveal something?

I have an iPhone 4 and, presumably, the latest version of the app, and it doesn't have this "car-in-a-semi-circle" thing at the top of the screen. I've never even seen it before other than in your screenshot.

My app says it is version "v 2.0.58".
The little blue car is how we switch vehicles. When I tap on it I can view the vehicles on our account - in this case, the Focus, the Fusion & my parents' C-Max.

hybridbear said:
Were you having issues with the Brake & Driving scores before the other connection issues?

yes. The brake and driving score were intermittent for a long time. Then, the car quit connecting at all and I received an error message stating try again later. This continued for weeks which meant I could not change or skip my go times, locate the car, remote start, etc.. Finally, I took it to Ford and HQ told the dealership to replace the module after a day of troubleshooting and software updates. All is perfect now.

Trey said:
hybridbear said:
Were you having issues with the Brake & Driving scores before the other connection issues?

yes. The brake and driving score were intermittent for a long time. Then, the car quit connecting at all and I received an error message stating try again later. This continued for weeks which meant I could not change or skip my go times, locate the car, remote start, etc.. Finally, I took it to Ford and HQ told the dealership to replace the module after a day of troubleshooting and software updates. All is perfect now.
Hmmm...we also intermittently don't get the Brake Score & Driving Score to transmit. The dealer replaced the TCU on our car & it didn't help. Ford Corp is currently investigating but they don't have a fix...

Trey said:
hybridbear said:
What module? Was it the TCU? Does your MFM trip log show all the proper data? Did replacing the TCU impact this?

I can look at my invoice/receipt to get you more detail on which module was replaced. Since the replacement, my MFM trip log is complete which shows brake and driving scores again as well. I also began receiving text messages (I set it up long ago) again when car is charged or unplugged. Everything is back to 100% and I am happy again.

Trey did you post somewhere more detail on which module was replaced? I have been without external communications to the MFM App through the internet for about a year. The dealer doesn't know what to do, most of the young techs think I'm talking about bluetooth setup, which in Sync to iPhones is a whole different stinkpot.

What did they change to get your internet communications working with the App? I would like to be able to set my Go Times and check charge range state remotely from my phone again.

Thanks.

Back