No door lock/unlock button - what's the deal?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavinRJohnson

Feel like a real idiot here, but isn't everyone finding it strange there is no lock/unlock button available to the driver in our FFEs? I mean, if you're going to pick someone up how are you supposed to allow them in the car? Reach over and pull the handle or use the keyfob? What am I missing here? I expect the answer to be so embarrassing I might have to delete this post. :oops:

My salesman had to show me that, saying that nobody expects it to be there.

I think that all Titanium-trim (and therefore also Electric) Focus models have the unlock button there. I'll have to peek inside an SE Hatch to compare.

WattsUp said:
jmueller065 said:
All Focus models prior to 2015 had the lock/unlock button there--its a European thing.
I kinda like it in the middle. Can't accidentally hit it when going for the power windows.
i like it in the middle too! My parents' C-Max Energi has a very similar unlock/lock button on the center console but in the C-Max it doesn't actually function, it just has a light to show if the doors are locked or not, the unlock/lock button is on the doors.
campfamily said:
This was changed for the 2015 model year, my lock/unlock button is on the door.
Do you still have the light on the center console to show if the doors are locked or not?

campfamily said:
hybridbear said:
Do you still have the light on the center console to show if the doors are locked or not?
Nope. But, the light in the switch on the door illuminates when it is locked.
Do you have a pic? Is there a pic in the 2015 differences thread?
Edit: I went back & reviewed the 2015 differences thread. There is a pic showing the new placement of the door lock switch, but nothing that shows the light to indicate when the doors are locked or unlocked.

hybridbear said:
campfamily said:
hybridbear said:
Nope. But, the light in the switch on the door illuminates when it is locked.
Do you have a pic? Is there a pic in the 2015 differences thread?
Edit: I went back & reviewed the 2015 differences thread. There is a pic showing the new placement of the door lock switch, but nothing that shows the light to indicate when the doors are locked or unlocked.

There is a little light in the bottom part of the switch, the part you would push to manually lock the doors, that lights up when the doors are locked. This is on both of the front doors.

campfamily said:
There is a little light in the bottom part of the switch, the part you would push to manually lock the doors, that lights up when the doors are locked. This is on both of the front doors.
Can you post a pic please?

hybridbear said:
campfamily said:
20150705_150800.jpg

Elektra said:
hybridbear said:
campfamily said:
pic removed to save space
Thanks for the pic. Is this indicator only on the driver's door? Or does the passenger door have the same light? That's an interesting design...

The lock/unlock buttons on the door actually have an indicator on them which shows if the doors are locked or unlocked. It is not in the picture, but a orange indicator is illuminated on the switch. I can get a pic if desired.

Trey said:
The lock/unlock buttons on the door actually have an indicator on them which shows if the doors are locked or unlocked. It is not in the picture, but a orange indicator is illuminated on the switch. I can get a pic if desired.
The orange indicator seems to be clearly visible in the picture posted by Elektra. Or, is there another indicator that you are referring to?

WattsUp said:
The orange indicator seems to be clearly visible in the picture posted by Elektra. Or, is there another indicator that you are referring to?

yep, that is the indicator. It is easily viewed from both front seats.

Actually I found this lock/unlock button from the first time BUT my one close only driver door in auto mode.

I used to it before my fend said that this is an issue!
My automotive locksmith (not dealer)found that central locking system was not working good because of those yellow stuff on the pic
she was not in keyway
I drove like an idiot 2 months with a broken lock system, thinking that everything's okay ))))))))
90be37e5.jpg

Back