What comes with the new car?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fidozoom

first post here!

Just leased a FFE from a neighboring state and I am going to have them ship the car. I did all the paperwork over email and fedex.

I am concerned though that the dealer may forget to include everything in the car. I assume it should come with:

-user manuals (how many)
-keys (2?)
-charging cable and bag
-navigation SD card (where does it go?)

my car will get shipped out on Monday or Tuesday so wanted to make sure I can atleast ask them about it before they put it on the carrier.

fidozoom said:
I am concerned though that the dealer may forget to include everything in the car.
My 2013 came with:

* 1 user manual with fabric cover.
* 2 keys.
* 4 floor mats.
* 1 shelf/tray inside the armrest between the front seats (I mention because I've heard of people finding it missing).
* 1 charging cord with 120V plug (mine didn't come with a bag, but maybe that was included in later years?).
* 1 tire puncture repair kit (since the car does not have a spare).
* 1 cargo organizer (styrofoam box with hinged cargo shelf on top that specially fits into the cargo area in the rear) (again, I mention only because it is removable, and in case your dealer leaves it out and tries to claim that it is an extra accessory... be assured it is something that all FFEs come with stock).

The navigation card goes in an SD slot inside the armrest (where there is a small panel with A/V and USB ports as well). The car should come with a navigation card.

You should also ask your dealer if your FFE has the latest MFT software and navigation card already installed. Ask them what the versions are. You can always update later, but why hassle with it if the dealer can take care of it before delivery?

I know it's been awhile, but I received my FFE 2015 in April and my navigation card is A5. Should I go back to dealer and ask for A6 or is it not something that is guaranteed with newer year models? Is there even any difference?

I'm wondering about tinted glass. All the FFEs I've seen in pics or videos seem to show tinted windows but I've only found a couple of references that do not state factory tint with any certainty. The feature does not appear in any window stickers I've seen for 2015 but I've seen descriptions that include.

The ads seem to show tint. (http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/trim/electric/?searchid=187773509%7C13009201589%7C7630861051&ef_id=UZ7cHQAAAM0jvyV5:20150528191126:s)

Does anyone know if tint is standard on the 2015?

Btw, my Dealer just called and gave me an ETA of June 16th +/- 2 days. I ordered the car on 3/26 and it was built on 5/18, so the entire process will take roughly 82 days, including 29 days to deliver.

I'm noticing I'm having issues loading the navigation on some starts. Am I pressing the navigation option on the screen too quick when it's booting up?

damania said:
I'm noticing I'm having issues loading the navigation on some starts. Am I pressing the navigation option on the screen too quick when it's booting up?
You are probably just pressing the screen when the system is "busy". There are plenty of times MFT will not respond and "ignore" inputs because it was doing something. Certainly right after startup, I would say that chances are good that MFT might ignore one of your inputs.

Same thing can happen even the hardware switches. Sometimes, pressing the radio power button will not do anything until the system has settled down and is no longer busy. Come to think of it, this usually happens to me right after I start the car and MFT is loading up.

Hints on tints?

If my FFE does not come with tint (so why does it show in their website pics?), can anyone suggest the best way to tint? I have no experience with this. From what I've seen in web searches and YouTube videos, a tint film is applied, which doesn't look like a great solution. Wouldn't it eventually peel?

zebracadabra said:
Hints on tints?

If my FFE does not come with tint (so why does it show in their website pics?), can anyone suggest the best way to tint? I have no experience with this. From what I've seen in web searches and YouTube videos, a tint film is applied, which doesn't look like a great solution. Wouldn't it eventually peel?

I had my Nissan Maxima tinted right after I bought it in late 1999. Nearly 16 years later, it still looks pretty much brand new; there are a couple of bubbles in one corner of the rear window, but that is all. Have it done professionally at a shop that specializes in doing this, and you should be fine. I wouldn't recommend trying to do it yourself.

Keith

zebracadabra said:
Hints on tints?

I am not sure about the specifics for my car, but my 2015 has a slight UV tint applied (can see color difference is much greater than standard glass when window is half down). Not sure what the factory tint is, but in Hawaii people swear by dark ceramic tint (professional). So my coworker and me compared the interior temp of our two cars (mine blue [absorbs more sun] and his silver Subaru hatch [reflects more sun]) in full sun from 8am-12pm (his has supposedly the best heat reducing dark tint the shop offered, 3M? very expensive whatever it was). We did not use windshield reflectors either for the purpose of this, and using temperature probes his car was consistently hotter by 10-20 F. So I am not sure how much of dark tints is wishful thinking and how much is fact (makes sense as darker colors absorb more heat no matter the material). Maybe a tint professional could show me data otherwise, but this is my first-hand experience with casual testing (saved me money).

If the tint reduces interior heat, one would think Ford would opt for it on the basis that less A/C would be used and thereby not affect range as much. Ahhhh well...I was hoping...and am still hopeful the pictures do not lie.

If they're not tinted, I intend to have mine tinted to whatever level NY tolerates.

zebracadabra said:
If the tint reduces interior heat, one would think Ford would opt for it on the basis that less A/C would be used and thereby not affect range as much.
A/C barely affects range as it is, so the extra cost would likely not be worthwhile (on that basis).

Now, if only there were a tint that could affect the heater. :)

WattsUp said:
zebracadabra said:
If the tint reduces interior heat, one would think Ford would opt for it on the basis that less A/C would be used and thereby not affect range as much.
A/C barely affects range as it is, so the extra cost would likely not be worthwhile (on that basis).

Now, if only there were a tint that could affect the heater. :)

I thought I read some posts that as soon as you put on A/C, it lops ten miles off your range.

Maybe I read wrong, dunno.

Am using a dash cam. I suspect that uses next to nothing. I also have a massaging seat for my damn bad back but I may be able to do without that. With a 19 mile avg. use, I probably worry far too much. I'll know in 17 days. Omg, I cannot wait. :D

zebracadabra said:
I thought I read some posts that as soon as you put on A/C, it lops ten miles off your range.
That's true, but my experience is that turning on A/C doesn't seem to actually affect things as much as much as the initially estimated penalty "thinks" it is going to. After the cabin is initially cooled, the demands on the A/C are greatly reduced, and the estimate starts to come more in line with reality. In the end, the range you'll be able to achieve with A/C on will be pretty close to that with it off.

Disclaimer: My experience has been in the SF Bay Area which, though can get hot in the summer, isn't oppressively hot or excessively humid. Perhaps that makes things "easy" on A/C? In other parts of the country, A/C may indeed affect range more.

Come to think of it, I always get better mileage in the summer with the Camry hybrid. About 34 mpg as opposed to 28 in the winter to account for my 32 mpg average. I've always been under the impression that A/C uses more power but apparently, that's not the case.

zebracadabra said:
Come to think of it, I always get better mileage in the summer with the Camry hybrid. About 34 mpg as opposed to 28 in the winter to account for my 32 mpg average. I've always been under the impression that A/C uses more power but apparently, that's not the case.
I think that might have to do with summer and winter blends of gasoline.

Back