New Lease deals...

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kakkerlak said:
This looks like a pretty good lease for a 2013 Focus Electric.

The differences between that lease and a current one would be that the MSRP has dropped from 39,995 to 35,995 (including $825 Destination fee), and the incentive has changed from $12,750 to $11,750.

With a residual value of $18445, that's about 45% if you calculate it on the Gross Capitalized Cost. I was offered 40% on 15,000 miles, and 43% on 10,500 miles. They may have adjusted the residual to decrease the payments.

In my opinion the Destination Charge ($825) is part of the price of the car but the Lease Acquisition Fee is just a bank charge and has nothing to do with the value of the car and shouldn't be included in the basis for the residual. I could be wrong on that.

A "rent charge" of just $207.91 is super-low interest. It's just 208/36 = $5.77 per month so it's probably on an interest rate of 0.25 %.

Overall, I'd say the car cost $3000 more in 2013, but the original owner put in about $2400 in cash and trade-in, so you're very close to what you would have paid on a new 2014, plus you're only obligated to 2 years and you got a higher residual.

So the direct answer is "the original owner did OK", especially with the interest rate.
Your conclusions are very similar to mine. We looked at a new 2014 but no local dealers were interested in ordering one for us for less than MSRP and I tried contacting about a dozen out of state dealers in CA, OR, WA & GA and none of them were willing to go much below MSRP for the lease, thus we ended up with this one.

I'm just glad that there's no disposition fee at the end of the lease. The Prius lease had one of those which is now the burden of someone else to pay.

jwilson165 said:
i posted this in the other topic, but wanted to repeat it here as well. the deals are out there...

Sale Price $32675

10.5K Miles / Year
------------------------------
36 Months Residual - 18035.60
$0 Down
-------------------------------
36 Months/ $122.68 / mo
-------------------------------
Fees - $154 reg fee, $389 'doc' fee, 1st month fee 122.68 = 665.68 TOTAL at signing

http://postimg.org/image/hn30xcj8b/
I compared this to our lease that we took over from someone else. The main difference that made your lease so cheap is the "agreed upon value of the vehicle". Your FFE value shows as $32,675 while our lease was based on a agreed upon value of $39,832.64. The one thing that makes your payments more expensive is a high rent charge. Your rent charge is $1872.16, ours is $207.91. Thus, most of our lease payment is depreciation, your lease has very little depreciation & the payment is mostly the rent charge. It's very interesting to see how different leases are structured.

Has anyone else leased from this dealer to know if their deals are all structured this way - a low agreed upon value & a high rent charge?

hybridbear said:
I compared this to our lease that we took over from someone else. The main difference that made your lease so cheap is the "agreed upon value of the vehicle". Your FFE value shows as $32,675 while our lease was based on a agreed upon value of $39,832.64. The one thing that makes your payments more expensive is a high rent charge. Your rent charge is $1872.16, ours is $207.91. Thus, most of our lease payment is depreciation, your lease has very little depreciation & the payment is mostly the rent charge. It's very interesting to see how different leases are structured.

Has anyone else leased from this dealer to know if their deals are all structured this way - a low agreed upon value & a high rent charge?

My 2014 FFE lease from Sep 2014 had an agreed upon value of $33,355 and a rent charge of only $143 for comparison.
I wonder if that and the interest deal varies with your credit score?

As far as the $500 added to the residual value for the end of lease purchase amount, I asked my Ford salesman about that when I got my 2014 FFE leased. He talked to their finance director and emailed me that the $500 was a "Ford Acquisition fee" but they would waive it for me at the end of lease if I purchase the car then. I've saved the email to show them at that time if I do decide to buy at that time, but I'm undecided since I'm really looking forward to the upcoming ~200mile EVs coming out in a few years.

Back