Driving Electric in the Pacific NW - Ford ad

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epaminondas

I had a great experience this weekend driving 50 miles up to a charge station on the Cascade Highway loop. There is a charge station in Skykomiish WA. I took part in a Ford commericial where they interviewed us and took footage of plugging in and such - fun! It should air in July on the Ford you tube station and on their web site. It was a great opportuninty to bond with other FFE owners and talk about what we love about these cars on camera.

Was that a Ford corporate ad or one for the local dealers?

Seems odd to me that Ford corporate would spend any money on the FFE since they haven't really to date.

It was for corporate. Time media out of NY did the production. They had some cmax cars there too. 2 cmax - 2 ffe -They interviewed and filmed the four of us. It was super scenic up on HWY 2. I had about 26 extra miles getting up there because of the slow traffic and then charged for about an hour which was fine becasue of regen going back down to sea level. They had a quick charge at that station which would have been cool if we had that capacity. It is part of the Electric HWY project and I guess a lot of ev owners have been stopping there - particularly Leafs with their quick charge capability. It was at the Skykomish Deli:

http://www.westcoastgreenhighway.com/waelectrichighways.htm

epaminondas said:
I had a great experience this weekend driving 50 miles up to a charge station on the Cascade Highway loop. There is a charge station in Skykomiish WA. I took part in a Ford commericial where they interviewed us and took footage of plugging in and such - fun! It should air in July on the Ford you tube station and on their web site. It was a great opportuninty to bond with other FFE owners and talk about what we love about these cars on camera.
Very cool! How did you find out about this? Please post the link to the video once it is published. Thanks!

Back