Navigation SD Card update

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzrulz

I'm curious to know what is you FFE year and which navigation SD card version you had installed at delivery.

I purchased my 2014 FFE last june and it was loded with navigation version A4.

Any of you ever updated to A5 or even the latest A6? Are they all compatible with FFE?

I'm asking that because the service director at my dealership told me, a couple months ago, that A5 was not compatible with my car...

Thanks for your answers! :)

The latest nav card (A5) does indeed work with the FFE. My coworker got one and "installed" it in his FFE.

It does take a master reset to get it to work, however.

2014 - A4 installed at delivery.

I chose to skip the A5 update - at $125 (or whatever the cost north of $100 was) - I didn't figure there was much new on the update. If I had been 2 revs different, I would have purchased the update.

I also skipped that update on the 2012 ICE Focus we have.

When I got my early 2013 FFE it had a A3 map card, but when the car was brought in for a service update, the map was changed to A4. This was a no charge upgrade. I don't see the need to upgrade unless its up to version A6 because of the cost.

The A6 maps are now out.

I bought my FFE in November of 2014 and I was disappointed to find out that it came with an A4 card (even though the A5 was already out). I purchased two A5 cards on EBay for ~$80 delivered for both (I have a 2013 CMax that has a A4 card also). Installation was a breeze, just removed the old A4 SD card and inserted the New A5 SD cards.

BTW sold the "old" A4 cards on EBay for ~$25 each, so my net price after fees was less than $25 for each A5 card. :ugeek:

eBay has A6 cards for about $130 and A5 for $60.

Is the A6 upgrade worth it?

I have the A4 in my 2014 FFE purchased in November 2014.
I tried using the navigate to charge stations on the dash a few
times, but, found that ChargePoint, or, PlugShare to be more
convenient. Has anyone that updated to A5 or A6 cards from
ebay found that charge locations have been updated / included?
Thanks

Back