How to check if sync updated?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just downloaded and did the update to Sync 3.7 using an old extra 4GB USB flash drive I had around, on my 2014 FFE.
Had to restart the process after the initial reboot of the system and take out and plug the USB drive back then.
After that it was recognized for processing all the other update files.
Completed OK and I had to setup a few of the settings that changed, but my favorite destinations list and radio stations list remained intact thru the update.
I had to setup the connection to my phone via bluetooth from scratch after the update too.
Took about 1/2 an hour.

cwstnsko said:
I'm not sure if that represents a routing logic change, or an update of the maps that fixed some streets that I drive on that seemed problematic before.
Map updates come via a new SD card, not via an MFT software upgrade.

The current map version is "A5", printed on the SD card.

Wow. After 5 trips to the dealer and multiple calls to ford customer service my update problem was fixed. Ford customer service really had to push the dealer to fix the problem. The problem ended up being a faulty sync computer. It would only except 17% of the update. They put a new computer board in (covered under warranty) and installed the newest software version with the energy icon beside the home screen button. They also updated the syncmyride site to update my current software version. Ford customer service was awesome and never gave up till my problem was solved.

Back