do you want to buy a FFE for your next car

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When my lease is up in a year I'd really like to lease a 200 mile Ford EV but, sadly, I'm afraid the available Ford plugins a year from now will be the exact same Ford plugins available today (simply based on the announcements they have and haven't made and manufacturing lead time).

Thus I'll either get another FFE or a C-Max Energi..I've been waffling between the two (yeah I have a year to waffle yet).

I would definitely consider it if they can extend the range. Even just 150 miles would go a Long way to improving versatility. I also own a C-Max (not the energy model). Of the two, I definitely like the Focus better for the ride and sportiness of it. The C-Max is a very good car, but the higher upright driving position just feels more pedestrian. If sporty is what you want, the Focus is better, if you want comfort and roominess, the C-max is the way to go. They are both great cars.

Our lease is up in August 2016 and we will consider another FFE. Also on our list will be:
  • Kia Soul EV
  • Nissan Leaf
  • BMW i3
  • Mercedes B-Class Electric
  • Volkswagen eGolf

It will ultimately come down to comparing the cost & features of the different BEVs available. Our goal is to not pay any more than the $250/month we're paying now on the FFE lease. We will also look at taking over someone else's lease like we did to get our FFE as this can sometimes get you a better deal than you would get on a new vehicle.

I hope that it will be a Ford, but one with DC Fast Charging and 200+ mile range. If they do that on the Focus Frame so much the better, it is a fun car to drive.

With the range extender (motorbike engine in the back with a 1.8 gallon tank) the BMW I3 can go to 150 miles. Plus you Can always load gas canisters in the trunk so you don't get stranded every 75 miles. But the cost od the I3 nears a base Tesla.

Probably not. It has been a really great car, but I don't want another 70 miles class BEV. If the 150-200 mile class cars aren't yet available when my lease expires (and they won't be) I will go with another Volt as a placeholder, get my next BEV when the 150-200 mile class cars come out

Back