Voice Integration with myFord Mobile

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ulrich

Just got an update of myFordMobile on my Android device. Changelog states: Google Now Cards + Voice integration. I've seen a sample of the google now card when 3rd party integration was mentioned in January 2015 (a card hasn't popped up for me yet), but what is voice integration?

Installing the update now. My guess is when you talk to your phone with "ok google" you can ask it to unlock your car and/or start your car. I doubt you'd be able to enter in a navigation point via voice though.

The google now integration most likely means that mfm events (like car fully charged, etc.) will now show up in the google now cards list (if you use google now).

Just tried it and all I got was "offline"! LOL my phone couldn't even translate my speech.

I tried the obvious commands: unlock car, where is my car, charge car now, find my car...can't get anything to work. I'll report back in an hour when my car is fully charged if I get a new now card with a charge complete message.

charged to 100% - got the push notification but no new Now Card. The recent myFordMobile app update does not appear to do anything for me.

I sent a note off to [email protected] (the support e-mail listed in the Android play store) asking them what they mean by "voice integration" and here is the reply:

The MyFord Mobile Android application has integrated Google Now Cards into the application allowing the user to receive Google Now remote start card on your phone right before your commute. Google Now also has the ability to use voice command search option to open the MyFord Mobile application as well. This is what the statement “Google Now + Voice Integration” means.

Some of these commands include:
“Start my Ford Focus Electric”
“Unlock my Ford Fusion Energi”
“Lock my Ford Cmax Energi"

Using these commands with Google Search will cause the MyFord Mobile application to open and the user be taken to the Remote Control screen.

Of course I just tried that with the same result: "start my focus electric" simply does a google search for that text (and ironically points me to this thread! LOL).

Left an email with myFord Mobile and got a voicemail back this morning after about 10 days They are looking into why push notifications stopped working and mentioned that in order for a now card to show up, I would need to remote start the car from the application first. Haven't tested this yet but I don't plan on remote starting in order for this to show up - not sure what the intention of that requirement is for.

Perhaps the remote start requirement is a one time thing that would force the app to register with Google now.

I use the remote start feature quite frequently and still haven't seen a now card show up. I'll purposely use it before leaving today just to see.

You may want to check your Google Now settings...When I go to Google Now settings screen and choose customize, then go to downloaded apps, I can select Yes for 'receive now cards from your downloaded apps?'. I also see Ford listed in the individual apps section and selected 'yes' for 'continue receiving now cars from Ford'. Still haven't got a Now card to show up, but I hadn't noticed this section earlier.

I finally got a Now Card a few days ago. Card reads "Remote start your Ford Focus Electric" and below it "MyFord Mobile is ready for your commute". But when you click on the card, it just takes you to the myFord mobile app. And after login prompt, the main battery page was displayed not the remote start page.

Back