Just wanted to share the news!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting back to the original topic......They Built my car last night :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

It was born on March 6, 2015 at 1:41 AM EST

jmueller065 said:
Back in the 90's Ford did sell an Electric Ranger:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_EV
HA! I forgot all about that! So now that it is staring me in the face, I think I would probably stick to my FFE.....

Glad to hear the OP is finally on the last stretch and soon to get their car!

I did my sticker was generated today unthat link you gave me shows old stuff Nov 30 when it was ordered:
Primary Features
Build Date: 30.11.0002
Vehicle Line: Focus (C346N)
Engine: 350V/72A Electric Motor
Transmission: 1 Speed Transmission

the Blend shows 120150416
04/16/2015 from what I understand

Look on the top border of the window sticker...
For example this FFE:
http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FADP3R45FL247077&ref=VL

At the top border it says a bunch of numbers above "BLEND":
blend.jpg

That is your build date; in this instance the car was built 02/18/2015.

Update to this topic that I started November 25th. The car is in transit, that is all that I or the dealer know. I can no longer track it through the Ford system. The transport truck is on day eight of the five hour drive from the assembly plant to the dealer. The ETA from Ford was the week of March 29 to April 4th. The transportation company has missed that window. Now all I can do is wait.

As of last tuesday, I purchased gasoline for the last time. And yesterday I sold my car to Carmax. I'm very happy with how that turned out I must say. So now, for the first time since I was 17 I don't own a car.

BTW, Happy Easter everyone.

I am still waiting too! The salesman called and said there was a management change at the plant. But assured me my order will be expedited. I see ford has updated the lease incentive to $8500 now. This long wait may have saved me $1000. Go figure! :mrgreen:

Steve I hope your experience wasn't like mine. It was "in transit" scheduled to be at the dealer first week of September and I didn't get it until mid November. Found out later that it had never left the factory. I assume it failed some QC check and needed parts replaced. Ford was tight lipped and wouldn't say what the hold up was.

triangles said:
Steve I hope your experience wasn't like mine. It was "in transit" scheduled to be at the dealer first week of September and I didn't get it until mid November. Found out later that it had never left the factory. I assume it failed some QC check and needed parts replaced. Ford was tight lipped and wouldn't say what the hold up was.

My car sat at the factory for a long time also. It was born on March 6th at 12:41 AM.

Here's a little backstory. Once a car rolls off the end of an assembly line, a Teamster driver jumps into it and drives it out of the building. At that moment the car no longer belongs to Ford Motor Company. It is the property of the transportation Company. It's all for insurance reasons. When the truck arrives at the dealership, once it rolls past the curb onto the lot it is then the property of the dealership. When you drive it past the curb onto the street it is then yours.

it sat in the parking lot until March 23rd when it was finally released from the factory. It is not uncommon for a car to be parked if something was wrong with it or a part was missing. And then have it brought back into the building to be reworked. It happens all the time. If you pull up a satellite view of the Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne Michigan, all the cars you see on the West side of the plant are waiting to be reworked. On March 23rd my car was moved to ramp 4G to be put on a truck. On satellite, the shipping lot is a block East of the factory on RT12. So I know it was completed and ready to be shipped. From there it gets a little bit foggy. On March 28 it disappeared from the Ford tracking system. So it was loaded onto a truck. Where it entered the black hole that is the transportation system.

Back