2015 FFE - missing items off dealer lot

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clyde270

I just purchased my 2015 FFE on March 27th, 2015. It did not have anything in the glove box. Besides the owners manual (which I was told they would send me) was there anything else, that I should expect comes with the car. It had 5 miles on it. I did have the tire inflator and charge cord in the truck. Also, when I carried items in the trunk the other day, I had to fold down the rear seats and remove the hatch carpeted tray from its clips and strings. Then, I needed more room, so I pulled up the rear 60/40 seats, removed the head rests, and then folded the seat backs down. Afterwards, I put everthing back and noticed the 60 split seat bottom would not latch into place. Pulling it back up, there are two metal anchors on the floor and under this seat, there is only one metal clip installed on the left. The right clip is not installed and there is only a large rectangular hole showing the seat foam. Is this correct? The 40 split seat bottom comes with only one clip and anchor to put it back down securely. I did get two keys.

On another topic. I just put a Siemens Versicharge in the garage, and my work let's us charge 240V for free too. With the advantage of purchasing a EV car, I'm having a hard time trying to setup my W-4 and G-4 (Georgia) to pay less taxes to claim the $7500 IRS and $5000 state deductions over 5 years. How do you do it?

Finally, if I drive 30 mph with no AC and then drive 5 mph in the neighborhood, the FFE almost doesn't need to charge at all. But, that's crazy talk. I'd need a special rail trail converted just for my FFE. I'm driving 80+ miles a day to and from work.

Clyde - you get the $7500 tax credit in the year you buy the car. Meaning you'll get that credit in 2015 when you file your 2014 taxes. You don't get the credit over 5 years. Unless I've missed something subtle. I've gotten that credit twice and it is the year you buy the car, all or nothing. No idea how your Georgia credit works.

Not sure anybody can really tell you exactly how to fix your withholding for that credit. The situation is too complicated and specific to your situation. There are formulas and tables somewhere that can help you out.

The owner's manual should be with a fabric binder and other booklets. My car also came with floormats and a full tank of electricity.

On the 40 seat bottom, there is just one anchor. On the 60, there are 2.

Elektra said:
The owner's manual should be with a fabric binder and other booklets. My car also came with floormats and a full tank of electricity.
There's also a little shelf that fits inside the armrest.

Thanks for all the replies. Very helpful. I have tiny tray too and it keeps falling down the pit no matter how I turn it. Today, I just saw my warning light for 1 come on at lunchtime. Driving home it went to 2, then back to one. Still cannot get it to Sync report after 3 attempts today. I have a 2014 C-Max too, and Syncing reports and installing USB updates is easier with it. FFE is just over 1400 miles. C-max has no warnings. Knock on wood.

clyde270 said:
Thanks for all the replies. Very helpful. I have tiny tray too and it keeps falling down the pit no matter how I turn it.
I strengthened my tray along the rear side with a straight piece of metal (about the size of a popsicle stick) and some strong double-sided tape. Doesn't fall down anymore.

Your car should also have come with floor mats and the SD card for GPS. My original console tray was warped (likely due to cabin heat in the summer sun?) but the dealer swapped one out of an ICE Focus.

Also, take the time to figure out your tax situation. If you don't have $7500 in tax liability and you have a pre-tax or company match 401k plan you might be able to do an in-service rollover to cause additional tax liability so you can reach $7500 . Check your 2014 1040 form to see how much you paid in federal taxes as a good starting point.

jmueller065 said:
My tray has always fit snugly without ever falling down (the same as on our old ICE Focus we had). Never had any issues with the tray.
The rear wall of my tray (which is sort sort of rubbery plastic) always deforms and the tray narrows in the back and thus falls down into the armrest.

I know another (2012) FFE owner whose try does the same thing.

Perhaps the rubbery-ness of different trays from different manufacturing runs is stronger or weaker?

WattsUp said:
The rear wall of my tray (which is sort sort of rubbery plastic) always deforms and the tray narrows in the back and thus falls down into the armrest.
I can see that. Mine has enough resistance that it doesn't crumple and remains at the top. Do you put stuff in the tray? (I only carry a small set of keys in the tray.)

Our tray is overflowing and never falls down. My wife keeps gum, hair ties, hand sanitizer & chap stick in there. We also use it for loose change, our ChargePoint card, a New York Mets key chain from the previous owner, business cards for our local EV owners group, pens and more.

The warning 1 message appeared in amber text. To find it, as it went away, I left my current display, to enter the System Information, where is says tires OK, doors OK, hatch OK, etc. OK. Then, at the bottom was warning 1. You cannot navigate onto it to see what it means. Later, it moved into warning 2. Now, it has gone back to warning 0 in green with the other OK listings. Odd.

My tray is indeed rubbery and warped. Perhaps it goes under the tire inflator to keep it from vibrating down the street.

Also, this new car smell is quite odd compared to my wife's 2014 C-Max bought back in August 2014. My car is not even a month old and my co-workers are saying it smells a little like paint too.

As I don't have an owner's manual, I found out what the two slots on the left of the shifter are for, to hold you debit cards at the drive thru. At first, I thought they were vents, but I dared to try my card, and luckily it caught 2/3rds the way down. I see know, they are for EV charging station cards, in afterthought.

The car is real fun and I'm charing it on my Seimens VersiCharge (white one with 6-50 cable end) and at work we have just one GE charger shared by two cars now. Other guy's a Leaf, and he is braver than me, as he plugs\unplugs during lightening storms. I just don't know about doing that yet. The other day, it was raining, and I got to work first, yeah!!! However, I plugged in first, then started routing my cord around the car, when I heard the GE thump. That's when I dropped the wet cable, and started moving it with my shoe.

You can download PDF files for the 2015 FFE owner's manual and quick ref guide from here:
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/owner-manuals-search-results.html#/ymm/2015/Ford/Focus%20Electric

clyde270 said:
The warning 1 message appeared in amber text. To find it, as it went away, I left my current display, to enter the System Information, where is says tires OK, doors OK, hatch OK, etc. OK. Then, at the bottom was warning 1. You cannot navigate onto it to see what it means. Later, it moved into warning 2. Now, it has gone back to warning 0 in green with the other OK listings. Odd.
Ahh... you mean the warning count displayed in the left-hand dash display.

That screen is showing the number of current warnings. It is not showing a warning "code" that has any meaning. Notice the display actually reads something like 2 Warning>s< (not singular, unless there's only one warning). Also, the line with the warning count is not a menu item (which is why you can't navigate to it).

Anyway, whenever the warning count is non-zero, you can run the "System Check" command (just above the count) to see what the warnings are. Each warning (if any) will displayed one at a time in a little popup (press OK or DOWN to dismiss each one) and, after all the popups have been shown, then the System Check screen will appear. If there are no current warnings, then you will taken directly to the System Check screen.

Keep in mind that some warnings are perfectly normal, and will "come and go" at various times (just as you've described). It's not odd. It's just the current warning count changing because of various conditions.

For example, here's a common case where the count changes: If the car is turned on, but the driver's door is still open and the handbrake engaged, there should be two current warnings (e.g., the display will say 2 Warnings). Running a system check will show you that one warning is about the door and the other about the brake. Now, close the door and the display will change to 1 Warning (and the door warning will no longer appear if you run a check, but the brake warning still will). Finally, release the handbrake and display will change to 0 Warnings (and no warnings will be displayed if you run a check).

WattsUp said:
clyde270 said:
Ahh... you mean the warning count displayed in the left-hand dash display.

That screen is showing the number of current warnings. It is not showing a warning "code" that has any meaning. Notice the display actually reads something like 2 Warning>s< (not singular, unless there's only one warning). Also, the line with the warning count is not a menu item (which is why you can't navigate to it).

Anyway, whenever the warning count is non-zero, you can run the "System Check" command (just above the count) to see what the warnings are. Each warning (if any) will displayed one at a time in a little popup (press OK or DOWN to dismiss each one) and, after all the popups have been shown, then the System Check screen will appear. If there are no current warnings, then you will taken directly to the System Check screen.

Keep in mind that some warnings are perfectly normal, and will "come and go" at various times (just as you've described). It's not odd. It's just the current warning count changing because of various conditions.

For example, here's a common case where the count changes: If the car is turned on, but the driver's door is still open and the handbrake engaged, there should be two current warnings (e.g., the display will say 2 Warnings). Running a system check will show you that one warning is about the door and the other about the brake. Now, close the door and the display will change to 1 Warning (and the door warning will no longer appear if you run a check, but the brake warning still will). Finally, release the handbrake and display will change to 0 Warnings (and no warnings will be displayed if you run a check).
Excellent detailed explanation! Why doesn't this forum have a "like" button for posts?

Back