Picking up my new FFE tomorrow!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpwrider

Ordered in November, built on March 12th. Being delivered to the dealer either late this afternoon or first thing tomorrow morning.

The long wait is finally over! Can't wait to drive it home.

I look forward to becoming a more active member of the forum once I get some experience with the vehicle. I'm sure I'll have a bunch of newbie questions.

So far, I've found a lot of great information here. I think the biggest service this forum has done is to make my wife more comfortable with the idea of a BEV. For that alone, I owe everyone a beer. :D

gpwrider said:
Ordered in November, built on March 12th. Being delivered to the dealer either late this afternoon or first thing tomorrow morning.

The long wait is finally over! Can't wait to drive it home.

I look forward to becoming a more active member of the forum once I get some experience with the vehicle. I'm sure I'll have a bunch of newbie questions.

So far, I've found a lot of great information here. I think the biggest service this forum has done is to make my wife more comfortable with the idea of a BEV. For that alone, I owe everyone a beer. :D

Yay! enjoy!

eaglelaker said:
Congrats! I am still waiting for mine. No word yet. Maybe it's on the same truck!
Anyway it will be fun to drive. :D

Well, if it's on the same truck, I suppose you'll be waiting a bit longer than me, considering the fact that I live about 50 miles from the plant. :)

Steve0512 said:
Congrats! I'm waiting to receive a call from my dealer. It should be any day now.

Sheesh, dude. 93 posts and you don't even have your car yet. You're making me feel like a slacker!

Well, I picked the car up yesterday afternoon. So far, so good. Takes a bit getting used to the quiet. Also noted the huge hit the estimated range takes when you turn on the heater. It was an immediate -10! Guess I'll need to learn to bundle up to drive.

My son took it to work this morning. There are two free charging stations right outside his office, so that should save me some electricity costs.

Just happy that the long wait is finally over.

eaglelaker said:
How long was your the wait. Just curious! :shock:

Ordered on 27-Oct-2014. I live near Detroit and according to the GM of the dealership (who is, fortunately, my neighbor) they get zero allocation. Tells me I was lucky to get one, at all.

To give you an idea, they've been an authorized FFE dealer since 2012 and mine is the first they've sold (or even seen).

jmueller065 said:
gpwrider said:
My son took it to work this morning.
Be careful letting others drive it. They will also fall in love with it and you'll never get a chance to drive it! LOL

Eh, that was part of the idea. Save the kids some gas money.

I travel a ton for work, so I won't drive it much anyway. When I travel, I rent either a Triumph Bonneville or a BMW1200GS, depending on my mood. Trust me, those are waaaay more fun than the FFE. ;)

Back