Ordered on 2/19 a Leased 2015 FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom French

Yes, I am dropping my Chevy Volt, and getting a nice new 2015 FFE.
It was ordered on 2/19, and on 3/24 I was told it was picked up in the factory to build.
They blame commodities on the delay, probably the snow from that time frame.

Any way, does it really take about 11-14 weeks to receive after ordering.?
I am so excited, it is hard to wait.

The lease is 36 months for $393/mo.
Zero down.

Thanks

Yes, it takes a while. Back in 2013 I ordered about this time (mid Feb) and took delivery of my FFE in late May. Depending on where you are in the country I would expect an early June delivery.

Congratulations though.

Tom French said:
Zero down.
That price seems quite high, my 2014 FFE 36mo lease with true zero down has payments of about $250/month + tax for comparison.
Though I purchased at the end of a quarter (late Sep 2014) when there were several new FFEs available on local Ford dealer lots, so big incentive for the dealers to bargain.
Did the dealer increase the car cost to above MSRP?

+1 on NightHawk's comment.

I suggest going to the dealer after plugging your location and lease terms into the payment estimator on Ford.com and printing the results out as a negotiation tool:

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/trim/electric/

Perhaps others that have ordered and waited for a car can offer advice on renegotiating after an order has been placed...

Yep for my zipcode right now the Ford website lease calculator shows for zero down and 10,500mile/year 36month lease is around $250/month before tax even without any dealer discount. Only a few dollars per month variation between the only options available (leather vs cloth seats, extra cost exterior color options).

I can't see how a dealer can justify higher than that, it should actually be lower with a local Ford dealer willing to bargain.
In my area in Southern California right now I checked the nearby Ford dealers and they all have stock in 2015 FFEs, one dealer has 13 FFEs listed as stock with a couple on order!

Tom French said:
Yes, I am dropping my Chevy Volt, and getting a nice new 2015 FFE.
It was ordered on 2/19, and on 3/24 I was told it was picked up in the factory to build.
They blame commodities on the delay, probably the snow from that time frame.

Any way, does it really take about 11-14 weeks to receive after ordering.?
I am so excited, it is hard to wait.

Zero down.

Thanks

There are such wide discrepancies that I see in prices/leases for all autos. We just leased the exact same Escape my wife leased three years ago but $84 per month cheaper.

I just ordered an FFE loaded for only $229 per month with $889 down but another $2600 for sales tax (NY). It will all be rolled in for a total of $299 per month for 36 months.

I think it's usually best to go with whatever regional or national deal is offered online. Just got the VIN today, was told probably the end of May for delivery.

Thanks guys for the info, I am in Central Florida.

This is from my dealer, as our company qualifies for the x-plan, but he said it no longer exists for the FFE.

Thank you for your inquiry on the 2015 Ford Focus Electric. Below you will find information and a price quote for that vehicle. If some corrections are needed to this vehicle's color or equipment, let me know and I will send you a revised quote asap.

They have removed the electric Focus from eligibility on the X-plan (see attachment) I have priced it as close to X-plan as I can. The payment with no cash down for 36 months and 12,000miles a year is.....398.04 INCLUDING tax.

I apologize for the delay. I will call you to go over this information.

Year Make Model Color Stock # MSRP *e-Price
2015 Ford Electric Focus Performance Blue N/A $30,990 *$22,120

Holy crap! I just ran the Ford payment estimator for a random zip code in Central Florida, and it came up with $343/mo+tax, $998+tax, lic due at signing, about $100/mo more than the lease payment offered where I live. WTF?!

That's for a FFE with leather, net cap cost of $23490. So I guess the dealer is giving you about $1370 off, which is not bad (IMHO) considering you're not taking one off the lot.

What's confusing is that the dealer's offer seems high by about $30/mo., at least. And that's if it's $0 due at signing.

I'd ask the dealer to clarify the following:
- Is the lease from Ford Credit? (If no, that explains the high payment; I'd ask them to quote a lease from Ford Credit).
- What is the capitalized cost? (should be $22120, their e-price)
- What is the residual?
- Is it $0 down, or is it $0 due at signing, then 35 payments of $398.04? (you may already know this?)

You might want to consider buying, then financing through Ford Credit at 1.9% over 72 months, for a payment of $405/mo (at MSRP, no e-price). You'd have to pay the sales tax up front (~$1970), but maybe you can talk them into another $600 off to give you a $0 out-of-pocket loan. If your fed tax liability is over $7500 this year, then the fed tax credit on a purchase will effectively reduce your payment to $300/mo, give or take a few bucks.

v_traveller,

Thanks, I have the D.O.R.A, seems I am not getting as good a deal as I wanted. yes Floridaaaa is much higher.

So this one D.O.R.A shows;

FFE $29170.00
Leather seats $995.00

Total $30.990.00

I put $500 down, with the asumption zero down at 36 months.

This is $87 cheaper per month then the Volt lease, now I have second thoughts.

Tom French said:
v_traveller,

Thanks, I have the D.O.R.A, seems I am not getting as good a deal as I wanted. yes Floridaaaa is much higher.

So this one D.O.R.A shows;

FFE $29170.00
Leather seats $995.00

Total $30.990.00

I put $500 down, with the asumption zero down at 36 months.

This is $87 cheaper per month then the Volt lease, now I have second thoughts.

The very most you should be paying is the number you get plugging in your zip code for the build your own FFE and I would actually expect the Dealer to be able to beat that price, even if only by a few bucks per month. Electric sales were down sharply in Jan & Feb, it makes sense that Ford would want to persuade you to lease.

In my case, it was $244-$245 (I forget which) and the guy brought it down to $233. I called back a couple of days later and asked him if the could do any better. That's when I got the $229 (+ the $889 down). There's always room for negotiation.

There is supposed to be a $8000 Ford Lease cash deal on FFE leases this month, so check and make sure they are including that. The Ford discount deal if you buy a new FFE this month instead of lease is $4000 in comparison.
The lease cash essentially is the $7500 federal tax credit you could get if you buy the car.

NightHawk said:
Tom French said:
Zero down.
That price seems quite high, my 2014 FFE 36mo lease with true zero down has payments of about $250/month + tax for comparison.
Though I purchased at the end of a quarter (late Sep 2014) when there were several new FFEs available on local Ford dealer lots, so big incentive for the dealers to bargain.

I agree with you nighthawk, I'm currently waiting for my FFe and was quoted $250 with the leather.

I'm trading in the C-Max Energi for the FFE. Super excited too.

Yellowzx5 said:
NightHawk said:
Tom French said:
Zero down.

I agree with you nighthawk, I'm currently waiting for my FFe and was quoted $250 with the leather.

I'm trading in the C-Max Energi for the FFE. Super excited too.

I looked very hard and long at the C-Max Energi. Thought it would have been a great idea but then I tried to find the cargo space and couldn't. =p

Well now I wonder if the $394/mo quoted to me is too high.

This is with no down.
My goal was to reduce my monthly and that is accomplished with that amount by $83 per month.

Will see what happens when it gets here in May...3rd or 13th, he could not remember.

Wonder if there's a way for you to buy/lease out of state. Are the lease programs based on where the car is leased, or where the car is registered? It seems like the deals are substantially better in California than they are in Florida.

empohwa

would have a hard time drive to Fla from Calif... lol

But could pay $900 to transport it maybe.

My son lives in L.A. I will ask him next week, when he is here visiting

Tom French said:
empohwa

At one point I was considering buying a different color FFE, so I could have had it in a few days. It would have to be shipped on a flat bed truck. I have no idea what the cost was but the dealer was willing to do it.

Anyways, I settled on Magnetic, so it won't even be finished being made until 5/25. I hate waiting. I have never had as much fun on a test drive as for the FFE. I'm hanging by my thumbs now and panting. Yes, I overdo stuff like this. Just a big kid at heart, I guess...

s a reminder, my 36 month lease is $229 but with the $889 down and sales tax factored in, $299. I think it was a great price.

zebracadabra said:
Tom French said:
empohwa

At one point I was considering buying a different color FFE, so I could have had it in a few days. It would have to be shipped on a flat bed truck. I have no idea what the cost was but the dealer was willing to do it.

Anyways, I settled on Magnetic, so it won't even be finished being made until 5/25. I hate waiting. I have never had as much fun on a test drive as for the FFE. I'm hanging by my thumbs now and panting. Yes, I overdo stuff like this. Just a big kid at heart, I guess...

s a reminder, my 36 month lease is $229 but with the $889 down and sales tax factored in, $299. I think it was a great price.

Well I am not going to put money down on a lease and I'm not going to be driving as much or long as I do in the C-Max Energi. The C-Max enegi has a smaller trunk than the regular hybrid but not as bad as the FFe.

I wonder if poor sales is also affected by these late builds and deliveries? I wish they would accept the order and give a vin to customer order and not dealer orders. This would help get more cars on the road.

I had similar issues when I preordered the fiesta when it first came out then ordered. It took forever because they kept building cars then piled more in front blocking customer committed orders and shipped newer orders before. Took forever and just loved my fiesta.

I recently took a FFe for an overnight test drive and just as everyone else I just loved it. If it were blue with leather I would have taken it then and there.

Tom French said:
empohwa

Tom, it might be a few hundred more for transport but I would ask the dealer to handle arranging that so you just have to accept delivery. The car shipping business is pretty shady. I almost bought mine from Perry Ford in National City, CA. They had by far the best price and were willing to arrange transport to WA for delivery. I ended up going local at the last minute because they found another CA car and were willing to match the deal. I worked with Sam at Perry and would be happy to introduce you as my friend if you want to continue where I left off. Let me know.

Keep in mind that you don't want to accept delivery in CA because then CA registration and maybe taxes apply. I forgot the specifics but I know that's a costly financial mistake.

Edit: Here's truecar.com pricing in National City. You can negotiate slightly better but this is a good starting point if they have the car you want.https://www.truecar.com/m/prices-new/ford/focus-electric-pricing/?zipcode=91950

Edit the configuration to add leather or change paint color. If you qualify for the federal tax credit consider. purchasing. These prices are before incentives so there's another $3500 purchase discount, another $500 matched down payment if you don't currently own a Ford and 0% financing for 60 months.

Back