200+ Mile Electric Car from Ford

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another advantage to the larger battery is that you rarely need to stress it. You can maintain the battery at a moderate level of charge except for those time you need the range. It will last a lot longer.

If I were going to buy a Tesla, I would go for the 85 kWh battery for that reason alone. In normal use, I would be able to keep it between may 75% and 25% and still have much more range than my FFE.

So few people opted for the 40 Kwh battery Tesla decided it was cheaper to just to use a 60 Kwh battery instead. Tesla would have had to do a special production run for the 40 kWh battery, and would have been responsible for providing replacement batteries for the next 8 years. I think the orders for the 40 kWh batteries was less than 2% of all orders at the time. Tesla may have not been making a profit on the 40 kWh model S.

The people who got the 40's probably got a good deal. Tesla will unlock the extra capacity if future needs require. I am told they will even unlock the extra capacity temporarily in urgent situations.

This article claims to know Ford is also in the 200 Mi/charge range game.

http://news.yahoo.com/automakers-race-double-driving-range-affordable-electric-cars-192133230--finance.html

focussed said:
This article claims to know Ford is also in the 200 Mi/charge range game.

http://news.yahoo.com/automakers-race-double-driving-range-affordable-electric-cars-192133230--finance.html

Thanks for the link - this is actually the most up to date assesment of the 200 mile landscape that I have read

In that article they are now claiming Ford's 200mile EV won't be out until probably late 2018.
I was hoping it would be out sooner like in 2017 like the Chevy Bolt.

NightHawk said:
In that article they are now claiming Ford's 200mile EV won't be out until probably late 2018.
I was hoping it would be out sooner like in 2017 like the Chevy Bolt.

It'll be even longer than that. :p

And then even then you'll have to wait for the supply to come up for you to get one and who knows if they'll charge an arm and a leg at the beginning.

Back